Washburn AB20 ABG?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by DarrinG, Jun 23, 2004.

1. DarrinG

May 10, 2004
    I have a chance to buy a Washburn AB20 acoustic/electric from a friend at what seems a really good price. The guitar is in very good condition and plays well. I looked at one that is identical to this one, except for the color, at a local pawn shop and they were asking 3 times the money for it as to what I can buy this one for......so I'm very tempted.......

My question is will I be satisfied with an acoustic bass? I've never owned a Washburn guitar either, so I dont know how well this thing will stand up to lots of playing? One thing is for sure, it's a beautiful, sharp looking guitar, this one is in sunburst color and has the slotted, angled sound holes, very cool looking guitar for sure.........oh yeah, and it will come with a hardcase too! :bassist:

Anyone with experience playing a Washburn AB20, please speak up! :help:
  2. thrash_jazz

Jan 11, 2002
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Artist: JAF Basses, Circle K Strings
    I used to have one. Frankly, it wasn't that great IMO. Not the most playable bass to begin with - I've also tried Epiphone, Ovation and Michael Kelly ABG's in roughly the same price range that play much better.

The AB20 sounds good plugged in - the preamp and EQ on it are pretty good, but if you're getting this primarily to play unplugged, don't bother, because it doesn't have enough volume to keep up with even the quietest acoustic guitarists.
  3. DarrinG

May 10, 2004
    I have played this bass a little and this one in particular has a good "feel" to it and plays well, except the action is a little high for my liking.

I know this depends on several factors, but what is a AB20 in around 90% condition worth?? My knowledge of Washburn's is very limited.