1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Washburn AB95 Semi Hollow 5 string

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by melkinsbass, Nov 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This bass is a black semi-hollow body set-neck instrument. It's a 34" scale neck with a thin, flat profile. The pickups are soapbars with a 3 way switch; 2 tones and 2 volumes. It's strung with flatwounds right now. The output jack is missing its washer, there's a nick by the tone pots, some rash on the headstock, a slight indentation in the purfling area on the lower bout (tried to show in pics, but doesn't really show up), slight oxidization of the hardware, and some buckle rash (which also doesn't show in the pics). Pics: http://s846.photobucket.com/albums/ab22/melkinsbass/Washburn AB95/ $650 shipped CONUS

Attached Files:

2. Thou shalt post thy price, lest thou incur the wrath of the mods. Verily.

3. Sorry, it was late when I posted this.

$650 shipped CONUS

4. My AB90i and AB95 are 34 inch scale. Measure from the nut to the 12th fret and multiply by 2 so the intonation adjustment doesn't confuse the measurement.

Then again, maybe some were made 35 inch scale?

The scale may matter to a potential buyer - I wouldn't have bought mine if they were a 35 inch scale.

Great bass for the money.

Good luck on the sale.

RJM

5. JayDA

JayDA Space is deep Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2010
    Jersey
    I had both 4 and 5 string versions of this bass, it's definitely 34 inch scale.

6. This bass is definitely 35". I've been through this before. Washburn made some 34 and some 35(I think later). If you search google you can find some reviews of the 35" (BGRMA?).

7. So when I say definitely a 35" scale bass, I mean I'm definitely a moron. It's 34" scale. I couldn't believe my eyes when I checked again. I measured it a while ago but I must have been doing something wrong. Sorry for the confusion. I still believe they made some 35" scale at the end of their run, but maybe the people who wrote the things I read drank the idiot kool-aid too.

8. PM's replied. Also I forgot to put the weight of the bass: I think it's about 10 lbs., but I need to double check that. Also, the bass is a very high output...it's freakin' loud. The pickups offer very different timbres. The neck pickup gives a very bass-y, Reggae/Dub-like tone. The bridge pickup is more mid-range and aggressive. Together, a very beefy in-between with the overall sound leaning slightly more to the neck pup's color. It sounds different from every other bass I own/owned.

9. Passive bass, but output is as high as my 9 volt active basses.

Also higher than my bass with an 18 volt Audere Classic preamp.

Whoever buys the bass won't be disappointed.

Good luck on the sale.

RJM

10. Thanks for your input; much appreciated.

11. PM's replied. I do accept paypal.

12. Bump!

13. bump

14. Still available, though not for long :))

15. sold pending payment

16. Steve Clark

Steve Clark

Jan 9, 2004
    London ON
    Payment sent to your Paypal email this morning. Been looking for one of these for while.

17. SOLD!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.