Washburn bantam 5 string how are these basses?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by megatron, Oct 9, 2003.

1. megatron

Jul 9, 2003
    I was just looking at one in a local pawn shop they where asking $125 for it its the first 5 string i've held that fits me right. I just want to know what you Talk bassers think of these bass guitars? It seemed very well made based on your opinions I will go pick it up tommorow when I get paid or not. Thanks
  2. Mathias_TfG

Apr 28, 2002
    New York
    I Have a Six-String Washburn Bantam (XB 600). Overall, I'm satisfied with it. They're definitely no Conklin, but are decent basses for the price range. I personally dig the small string spacing (short fingers). I have mine strung with DR Nickel plated Low Riders, and it sounds pretty good through my Ampeg. I'd say to go for it, if you are looking for an inexpensive five string.
  3. bazzhed4

Aug 2, 2003
    Aberdeen MD
    i used to have one of these. they are light...inexpensive and good for the money. the b string is very sloppy and muddy though. but for that price you can't expect a stingray/ warwick/ sadowsky/ ken smith/ tight b string. they can take a beating though i will give it that. i used to beat the hell out of mine and it never gave me any problems. i would recommend it to anyone who is learning how to play 5 string....but as soon as you get the cash go with something that is going to sound better....especially if you are going to spend a lot of time on the b. just my 2 cents