1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

WASHBURN Force 4

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by JazzBass50, Jan 27, 2012.

1. JazzBass50

JazzBass50

Jan 27, 2012
    This is one of my favorite basses. Actives and flat wounds. I'm a big fan of Motown and 70'/80's soul/funk music. EWF, Chicago Players, Kool & the Gang, Trampps, Brothers Johnson...and I'm a WHITE guy (imagine that)

I do tone it down as a Worship Team Bassist. We have a black drummer and this guy has just "got the stuff" for it.

I have a Fender Jazz Bass too with flat wounds. I like the mellower tone as opposed to the rounds. I did keep the rounds on my Ibanez 5 string for a different sound.

2. Thumper828

Thumper828

Jan 29, 2010
    North Carolina
    My first bass was a washburn.

3. darkstorm

darkstorm

Oct 13, 2009
    The mid and upper end force series basses where among the best going during that time frame. I had the force series midline JJ bass version with 2band preamp and black hardware, black finish. Early 80's. Prob a peak time for washburn qaulity.

4. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    I think you will find that you are far from unique in your taste on music on TB, regardless of race.

5. JazzBass50

JazzBass50

Jan 27, 2012
    Sometimes, when it comes to my appreciation of music (soul & funk) I may be a black man trapped in a white man's body...lol

Wild Cherry says it best "Play that funky music, white boy...lay down and boogie, play that funky music til you die"

6. thebates

thebates

Jan 2, 2011
    I have a force 4. Like it a lot but i am getting ready to modify the neck to jazz bass dimensions. 1 1/2" at the nut. So i will start with zero at the body and taper the neck down towards the head. A lot of sanding coming my way on this one. I have small hands andn it has to be done.