Washburn Force 5

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Bradweiser, Sep 3, 2004.

1. I've lurked around these boards for a while now, and finally decided to post something.

Anyway, I've been thinking of moving up to a 5 string after having started bass 4-5 months ago, so I just want to find out what some of you think on some of my 'maybe' choices.

The main bass I've been looking at is the Washburn Force 5 (I can get a fairly decent deal on one, plus it's Active), but I have heard good things about some of the OLP basses and MTD's Kingston and the Washburn T25.

What opinions do you guys have on those basses, and if possible, what other 5 strings should I keep an eye out for?
  2. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Welcome to Talkbass.:cool:

Out of the basses that you mentioned, I would pick the MTD Kingston. Great 5 stringer for the price, excellent B string, and a very comfortable neck.
  3. Thanks.

I might end up getting the Kingston, but I'm still sort of intrigued by the Washburn Force 5 - simply because it's active.

Has anyone had any experience with these before?
  4. Dan Molina

Dan Molina TalkBass Secular Progressive

Jul 17, 2002
    Murr Town, California
    New kingstons will have active electronics. Also look at the MTD Heir.
  5. I heard about the new Kingstons.

Is there anywhere to find out about release dates or anything?
  6. Jugghaid

Jun 28, 2002
    Denver, CO, USA
    They are out, I've seen people post here and on HC that have them.

And I'll second the kingstons. Great basses for the $. I had a fretless 5 and would have kept it but I oved up to an Fbass.
  7. the G&L tribute L2500 is also a great bass, and I really dig the MTD's. I've played a Heir passive 5 and it was very nice. real comfortable strings spacing, great low B string and a very focused and nice tone.

bass central has a good variety of the MTD kingston and heir basses in active and passive versions.

link: http://www.basscentral.com/2003/mtdkingston.shtml
  8. Thanks alot guys.
    This has been really helpful.