Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

washburn fret/bridge problem.

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by ringworm4005, Mar 18, 2003.

1. hello all,

recently I purchased a book called 'serious electrical bass' by Joel Di Bartolo which was recommended by my teacher. One of the first chapters describes how to intonate the bridge. I have a washburn xb-400 in my posession for quite some time now, and never have intonated the bass, I have noticed that when I play up high, it sorta sounds out of tune.

So I thought, hey I'll use the book as my guide to to intonate. I discovered that all my strings were out of tune, and when trying to tune them according to the book, nothing happened. The strings stayed out of tune.

Does anyone have alternative ways of tuning the bridge? Is my bridge bad (it's a standard washburn bridge (not all too good (I think)))? Could it be the bass is crappy and that the frets aren't precisely spaced?

I hope you guys and gals can help!

thnx,

Peter