Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Washburn Hollow bodies

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Jack Rackham, Dec 23, 2004.

1. Jack Rackham

Jack Rackham

Nov 3, 2004
    Has anyone tried the new Washburn hollowbodies? I'm looking at the AB95 but need to know if anybody's played one.

2. BassFelt

BassFelt

Mar 26, 2002
    I have the same question. Nobody has answered the first poster, but a few months have past and somebody must have seen these puppies. I was wondering how deep the body is, and whether it is a hollowed out plank or built with actual top, bottom and sides.

3. iriegnome

iriegnome Bassstar style Supporting Member

Nov 23, 2001
    Kenosha, WI 53140
    I only have one thing to say. ITS A WASHBURN. I would expect them to be pretty good, but crap for service and crap for knowledge about their product and crap for support of the product. Don't forget crap for resale, too.
    I have played hundreds of Washburns over the last 25 years and have owned my fair share. Pretty good imported instruments, but that is about where it ends. Sure, you are going to find a great one in the bunch (I have had my acoustic D14N for 18 years), but their are going to be the exception and not the rule.

4. tiefling

tiefling

Aug 19, 2003
    Washington DC
    thats a lot of crap for a good review. :p

5. BassFelt

BassFelt

Mar 26, 2002
    Well I've never been a fan of Washburn myself, but I'm looking for an archtop 34" hollow body bass, 5 string if possible. There aren't many made, and I'm not (yet) prepared to shell out the $$ for an Azola Deco. I have a few Takamine B10 basses and I'm looking for a similar instrument but fretted and with a regular fretboard radius. If anybody has suggestions....

6. iriegnome

iriegnome Bassstar style Supporting Member

Nov 23, 2001
    Kenosha, WI 53140
    :hyper: :smug:

7. BassFelt

BassFelt

Mar 26, 2002
    I though I'd revive this half-year-old thread to see if meanwhile anyone tried the Washburn AB95. They must be somewhere?