1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Washburn Opinions?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by rydin4lifebass, Sep 28, 2009.

1. I have an option to buy a used 2003 Washburn XB-102Q 4 string. I just started playing bass about 3 months ago with a silvertone revolver bass and package amp. I bought a nice hartke am because the one included in the package sucked. Would this be a nice addition and something else to play on/play with as far as string changes, set up, etc without messing on my main one. I basically wnat a second one to practice setting up and changing tunings on, etc. I can get it for $100 with a hardshell case...good deal or should I make a different offer?

2. lewink

lewink

Jul 19, 2009
    Baldwinsville N.Y.
    Won't get much love here, but a washburn is a step up for the money you stated. Is active, which is nice. However, there a used peaveys and sxs for a little more money that may be better.

3. Antares

Antares Supporting Member

Jul 18, 2009
    Austin, TX
    I like the Washburns ive played. I cant comment on that particular bass but the more expensive CB series bass i played was very very nice.

4. My silvertone is obviously just a starter but I wanted the washburn to have an active p bass along with the silvertone passive p bass. I'd like to get a squier 60's classic vibe jazz bass as well, maybe 6 m months or so down the road...but I figured for $100 it would be good to practice on and be able to practice set ups and string changes on for a newbie...