Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Washburn RB4000s

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Lecollectif, Mar 27, 2005.

1. Lecollectif

Lecollectif

Mar 2, 2004
    Toronto
    What do you know about these? Both good and bad. I can't find much on TB as well as the rest of the internet about them.

2. Lecollectif

Lecollectif

Mar 2, 2004
    Toronto
    bump! Come on! Anyone?

3. purfektstranger

purfektstranger

Apr 10, 2003
    Canada
    Wish I could help. There really isn't alot of info out there on that model. I have seen it called the rb4000 bantam which would indicate a lower end Washburn. I owned a Washburn XB 120 bantam which was a nice entry level bass. Anyone here have experience with this bass??

4. JeanBG

JeanBG

Dec 28, 2008
    Belgium
    Hi

probably a bit too late but you never know...
    I own a washburn RB4000 and I have to say it's pretty awesome. It plays like a dream, the sound however is not that great. Don't get me wrong it doesn't sound like crap but if you compare it to some higher end basses you can clearly hear the difference. I also own 2 sadowsky basses and the difference in soundquality is rather great (which is very normal 'cause of the price difference). I'm thinking about replacing the pickups and preamp, because it plays so well. I hope it helps to get a nice sound.
    Great bass for the money though!!!!