Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Washburn- Status 1000

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by barroso, Oct 1, 2004.

1. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
    What about this discontinued bass?

Was the electrocnis really made by Status?

And which material was the neck made by?

thanks

2. bassaussie

bassaussie

Oct 6, 2001
    Portugal
    Status electronics and hardware, wood body and neck. The neck was covered in some sort of graphite reinforcement.

You're in Europe, right? Look for the real thing. I've owned one of these, and I currently own a late 80s Series II. There's no comparison.

3. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
    yes i am in Europe. and i am interested in an headless bass most of all because they are small and they could go in the back of my car wuthout trouble...

4. bassaussie

bassaussie

Oct 6, 2001
    Portugal
    Well, I've got a Status Series II, and a Steinberger XL2. The Steinie will do what you said quite easily.

I'm not saying the Washburn is a bad bass, it's just not what the original is like. It's like comparing a Hohner B2B or a Spirit to a real Steinberger.

5. A9X

A9X

Dec 27, 2003
    Sinny, Oztraya
    I own an S2000 and a Washburn 1000. Whilst there is a big difference between the two sonically, the Washburn is no embarrassment and should be considerably cheaper than a UK made Status. The Washie and my Hohner B2ADB are similar-ish in constructional quality, and both are better than any Steinie Spirit I've seen.
    But my S2000 is in another league to most basses, it has such a rich tone. One instrument I could never see myself selling.

6. bassaussie

bassaussie

Oct 6, 2001
    Portugal
    What year is your 2000 from? My Series II is around 1988. Superb bass.

7. A9X

A9X

Dec 27, 2003
    Sinny, Oztraya
    1984 (low two digit serial #)
    Superb? - Definitely!