Washburn Status Fretboard

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Christophe C, Jul 13, 2020.

1. Christophe C

Christophe C

Feb 15, 2019
    Belgium
    Hello
    I am the new happy owner of this headless and I have a question : the fretboard is made of wood (rosewood maybe) and no composite material as it's often seen on the photos found on the internet.
    The fretboard looks original (the lacquer from the neck is continuous to the sides of the fretboard) and I don't see any trace of a luthier's work/repair.
    Is it a special one ? The serial number begins with 91, so it was made in 1991. I have no other information.
    Thanks

Attached Files:

2. Christophe C

Christophe C

Feb 15, 2019
    Belgium
  3. stonehenge

stonehenge Supporting Member

Apr 8, 2011
    Duvall WA
    That’s interesting! Did not know these were available with rosewood, I acquired a very similar bass a few months ago but mine has the phenolic fingerboard
    0B4A6191-E6CB-4A02-A350-C04008DE1DA3.jpeg

Christophe C and DiscoRiceJ like this.
  4. Christophe C

Christophe C

Feb 15, 2019
    Belgium
    Nice catch :)
    Do you like it ?
    I really enjoy this headless, good balance, good tone, really nice bass.

5. stonehenge

stonehenge Supporting Member

Apr 8, 2011
    Duvall WA
    I like it a lot, electronics are great, mine needed a lot of work to make playable still ironing out the kinks, I’m curious where your serial number is located? Mine doesn’t seem to have one.

6. Christophe C

Christophe C

Feb 15, 2019
    Belgium
    On the back, on the body near the end of the neck. White figures

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 29, 2021