Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Washburn strikes again!Taurus T26?!?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Le Basseur, Feb 10, 2006.

1. Le Basseur

Le Basseur

Mar 26, 2002
    Croatia
    Hi guys,
    Here's what showed up in the Washburn forum,from a guy from Philippines:
    http://www.washburn.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=4366
    What's going on,really?:eyebrow:
    This 6er didn't show up nowhere...until now.
    I'm pretty sure that in US and Europe,no one ever saw the 6-version of a Taurus.If I'm mistaking,please feel free correcting me.And,of course,write down some details!
    Also,Asian TBers,please chime in!
    Regards,

2. Lo end PUNCH

Lo end PUNCH

Jan 28, 2005
    Racine,Wi
    That's a converted Taurus 5. The bridge is'nt what Washburn uses. I wish there wre a better pic of the headstock, that would tell all.

3. Le Basseur

Le Basseur

Mar 26, 2002
    Croatia
    That's what I thought too..but it's NOT a modded 5er!:meh:
    In the meantime,this guy posted some other (better) pics.Just look at them in the same Washburn forum link from above.
    ...now,where are the Asian TBers?:help:

4. I absolutely love the Warwick "W" stuck onto the headstock of the Washburn.. that gave me a good giggle for today.

-ryan-

5. yeah, i saw that too and was like, wait a damn second here.....

6. vic_6

vic_6

Dec 19, 2004
    Manila, Philippines
    hi, im from the Philippines. i did see that ad. the guy who's selling it told me that it's from japan or some thing. dont quote me on it as i cant exactly remember. i can ask him again though if you want.

but it is really a 6'er. the Warwick sign shocked me a bit when i saw the pic. but he said it's just a sticker that the original owner stuck on there. i have no idea why or what for..maybe he cant afford a real 'wick? i dunno.

i was curious about that bass too. have a t25 and was thinking of going 6 but decided not to.

oh and the bridge is just liek the one used in t25's and t24's. the headstock and tuners are legit too.

but it seems like no one knows where this came from. ill probably stop by the store where the original owner got it (Yupangco, if you read the other post) and ask them myself.

7. SBassman

SBassman

Jun 8, 2003
    Northeast, US
    The "W" is a riot.

8. Le Basseur

Le Basseur

Mar 26, 2002
    Croatia
    ..or a "Wannabe";)