1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Washburn T24 Taurus

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by iDavid, Apr 28, 2006.

1. iDavid

iDavid

Apr 22, 2005
  2. BassChuck

BassChuck Supporting Member

Nov 15, 2005
    Cincinnati
    I have one and its really good. Well made, sounds good, looks good. Its made in Vietnam if that makes a difference. I don't know what kind of wood is in the body, but I had to drill out the strap-button holes to put in some strap-locks that I like and that wood was as tough as anything I've dealt with, really solid. I opened the control cavity and things look good there.

Its a production bass for sure, but very well done.

BTW... I bought it as a back up and soon after I got it, I found a great deal on a Rickenbacker which is now my #1 and I don't need it, so if there is interest, email me.

3. SGT. Pepper

SGT. Pepper Banned

Nov 20, 2005
    Phila,Pa.
    I had a T-14. Washburn gives you a lot for your money.

4. terrelli721

terrelli721

Mar 19, 2006
    Indianapolis
    A very good bass for the money. Neck through design, and nice to look at as well. I was surprised that you get bass like that for the money.

5. Dkerwood

Dkerwood

Aug 5, 2005
    Midwest
    I have a T25, and I adore it. Nice low action, it speaks well, even the stock pickups sound really good...

I shopped for months for the most comfortable 5 string under $1000, and this bass won, hands down. Comfortable, fast neck. Easy access to all the high frets. Very solid, and very professional looking without evoking a specific style of music.

The only thing I wish I could do with it is get that MM humbucker growl... I can come close by boosting the gain on my amp and really punching it, but it's still not quite there. But I rarely want/need that tone, and the Taurus provides everything else I'd want in a bass.

Much better than my old beatup J-bass that I played on for years.

6. dave120

dave120

Jun 27, 2005
    Central Florida
    I had one for about a year before I ended up selling it due to needing some quick cash and it was the bass I had that was worth the most. Great build quality! The playability of that thing was pretty amazing, and if you buy it new Washburn has a lifetime warranty against things like the neck getting warped and such, which is good to have on a neckthrough since you can't really replace one.