1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Washburn Taurus T24 vs. ESP LTD B-4E?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Kamrin, Jun 4, 2014.

1. Kamrin

Kamrin

Jun 4, 2014
    Ohio
    Hello, I'm currently in the market for a new bass. I've narrowed it down to these two basses. I cannot easily test both of these basses out in person due to none of them being in stock in stores around me. So It may come down to picking one or the other online.

I'd really appreciate if anyone out there with either of these basses would care to give me some insight on how they are to play.

I'm mainly looking for something thin, light, ergonomic, and has a fast playing neck. I'd also like to hear how the quality of each instrument it is.

Thanks

2. I've never even seen the Washburn in person so there's not much I can say about it, but I can tell you a bit about the ESP LTDs. The 4E necks are indeed quite thin and fast, and overall fit and finish seems on-par with the price point, if not a bit better. The bodies are comfortable, the B moreso than the F. With that said, neither of the 4E models would I describe as "light" per se, they are mahogany bodies with very nice ebony tops - not a recipe for a featherweight bass. They tend to be around 9 pounds, so I would say they are "average" in terms of mass - not ultralight like an SR300, but certainly not a boat anchor either.