Washburn taurus t24?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by robe, Apr 12, 2004.

1. robe

Oct 19, 2003
    Has anyone played this beautiful looking instrument?

Is it good for slapping?

What does it sound like. Should i get this over a second hand spector performer or what?

Plz reply quickly!
  2. pitbill

Mar 27, 2003
    Bluefield, WV
    I would recommend this to anyone looking for a nice bass with some great features (like 5 piece neck thru) and not wanting to pay alot of money. The ones I have played have had great playability and very easy to slap. My T-34 is a little different configuration than most of the regular T-24 and has a more Music Man Stingray type of sound, but I don't think a person can go wrong with any Taurus.

e-mail sent robe

3. I really like that too. I have read it is made in Vietnam. That, imo, takes nothing away from my opinion of the bass, as I've yet to play one. Yeah, they're 430 bucks or something along that...
  4. iriegnome

iriegnome Bassstar style Supporting Member

Nov 23, 2001
    Kenosha, WI 53140
    I played them as proto-types. Pretty cool basses. I did not like the pre-amp or the pick-ups, but that is easily changed. Nice feel and a really cool look. Much less expensive than the Peavey, too.
  5. j-raj

j-raj Bassist: Educator/Soloist/Performer Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!
    Ain't that body a little too close (in shape) to a Jerzy Drozd?

6. RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    IMO, it's a complete ripoff...:p
  7. pitbill

Mar 27, 2003
    Bluefield, WV
    Yup the body is a complete ripoff! I think there is another thread about this already. But none the less, it is legal to copy the body shape, just not the headstock shape (i.e.:Warwick/Spector, Sadowsky/Fender....etc.) So really there is no reason not to look into these basses if you need something cheap and with nice playability.

I bought mine just to play while my custom Benavente is being built, but I was seriously thinking of keeping this one just for the fact that I think it will be hard to beat for a second backup bass for so little moola! Got a little money left to pay on the Bennie though, so I'll probably be reselling mine soon to pay the balance when it's finished.
    I would like to try the 5 stringers in this model, they would definitely be a great deal if the B string is even halfway decent.