Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Washburn Taurus T25 - pickup height?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by sotua, Jun 16, 2005.

1. sotua

sotua

Sep 20, 2004
    US Northeast
    Hi!

I've got a Taurus T25, and the output of the bridge pickup is pitiful compared to the neck pickup.

"So raise the pickup", I hear you guys say. Yes, the same idea I had, I've been playing long enough to know that (in fact, being a geek I knew why p/u height matters and the formula... ;)), but...

I move the screws, and the pickup just sits there. "Hmph!" I say. "Not enough foam under the pickup!". So I remove all four screws and... the pickup won't move. Not a millimiter! It turns out both pickups are stuck/jammed in position and won't budge!

So, anybody...
    a) have a similar experience with the Washburn T25?
    b) have any ideas on how to move the @#$%@$% pickups?

2. Atomic-Hedgehog

Atomic-Hedgehog

Dec 9, 2004
    when you take the pickup off, do the screws have springs around them?

3. sotua

sotua

Sep 20, 2004
    US Northeast
    Emmm, the problem is that I can't get the pickup off! I remove the four mounting screws, and the pickup is so jammed in its hole that it won't move - at all. That's why I can't adjust pickup height. The pickup won't move, either up or down.

4. vic_6

vic_6

Dec 19, 2004
    Manila, Philippines
    i know what you mean. i had that same problem with my t25. i just sent it over to my neighbor who's a tech. problem solved. sorry cant help much. but i recall him saying that he replaced the foam underneath.

and since i got it back, never had problems adjusting pup height,