1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Washburn Taurus T25 - pickup height?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by sotua, Jun 16, 2005.

1. sotua

sotua

Sep 20, 2004
    US Northeast
    Hi!

I've got a Taurus T25, and the output of the bridge pickup is pitiful compared to the neck pickup.

"So raise the pickup", I hear you guys say. Yes, the same idea I had, I've been playing long enough to know that (in fact, being a geek I knew why p/u height matters and the formula... ;)), but...

I move the screws, and the pickup just sits there. "Hmph!" I say. "Not enough foam under the pickup!". So I remove all four screws and... the pickup won't move. Not a millimiter! It turns out both pickups are stuck/jammed in position and won't budge!

So, anybody...
    a) have a similar experience with the Washburn T25?
    b) have any ideas on how to move the @#$%@$% pickups?

2. Atomic-Hedgehog

Atomic-Hedgehog

Dec 9, 2004
    when you take the pickup off, do the screws have springs around them?

3. sotua

sotua

Sep 20, 2004
    US Northeast
    Emmm, the problem is that I can't get the pickup off! I remove the four mounting screws, and the pickup is so jammed in its hole that it won't move - at all. That's why I can't adjust pickup height. The pickup won't move, either up or down.

4. vic_6

vic_6

Dec 19, 2004
    Manila, Philippines
    i know what you mean. i had that same problem with my t25. i just sent it over to my neighbor who's a tech. problem solved. sorry cant help much. but i recall him saying that he replaced the foam underneath.

and since i got it back, never had problems adjusting pup height,