Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Washburn XB-100

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Sylvesterin, Sep 11, 2005.

1. Sylvesterin

Sylvesterin

Sep 11, 2005
    I got my an old Washburn XB-100 Its a realy cheap newbie bass, and I had a Fender once, but I was more comfortable with my old Washburn, so I never played the Fender and sold it later.

But I want a bether sound to the Washburn, so I thought of some new pick-ups, I have no idea wich ones fit and sound good.

Anyone any ideas? :help:

2. dave120

dave120

Jun 27, 2005
    Central Florida
    I have a Washburn CB-150 (The same thing as the XB-100 for all practical purposes). I upgraded the pickup with a Seymour Duncan Hot for P bass and it sounds great now. It fits in there no proboem, except that the SD pickup isn't as deep as the stock one and so you'll have to get some pickup mounting foam or something to raise it up tot he correct height since without it (or trying to use the foam from the old pickup) the pickup will be flush with the body. I think pretty much any P pickup will fit in there except for the depth issue I just mentioned.

3. Sylvesterin

Sylvesterin

Sep 11, 2005
    Thank you, I realy can nothing about basses more then playing them. I found out what bass I played just to write this tread, had no idea it was a washburn :p, thank you.