Washburn XB-600 Fretless

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by pacalolo, Aug 23, 2004.

1. pacalolo

Aug 22, 2004
    Natural Washburn XB-600 w/Smith strings. Lined fretless. It's probably about a '97 or '98. I bought it barely used at Christmas in '98.

It seems like Washburns have a pretty bad rep on Talkbass :eyebrow: . I can't answer those objections because this is the only one I've played extensively. I really like it. When you turn up the bass pot all the way, it has massive...huge...deep tone. I replaced it with a '96 MIA Fender Jazz Deluxe V Active (needed frets) and the deepness just isn't there. Not knocking the Fender--I love it, it just doesn't seem to have the same "thickness" of lows.

If you roll the bass pot to about 20% and go with the front pickup, you get that lovely mwwaawhwhhh sound that fretlesses are known for.

General condition is generally excellent. There was a large sticker on the back at some point, which was removed before I bought it, however, it's still darker where that was. Obviously, doesn't affect playing.

Fretboard is in good condition and shows very little wear. I only played the instrument about twice a week for the last five years (play at church--1 practice, 2 sunday worship services).

It's a three knob/1 toggle control config. One master volume, toggle for F/FR/R pickups, and bass and treble controls.

Please e-mail me if you are interested. Asking $300, although for a local cash sale, I'm open to offers. If I didn't really need the cash, I wouldn't be selling it.
  2. Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    Grah! I'd take that if I had the cash. I played one about 2 months ago and loved it. *crying*

I guess this can be a bump, though one was just given...

3. Dincrest

Sep 27, 2004
    New Jersey
  4. in case you come into cash and decide that trading is good... let me know
  5. pacalolo

Aug 22, 2004
    Interested in a fretted six string for trade, or will sell for $250.

6. JTGale

Oct 26, 2004
    Hummelstown, PA
    Where are you located?
  7. pacalolo

Aug 22, 2004
    Miami, FL 33166 for shipping calcs
  8. metalguy2

Dec 26, 2004
    I am kinda interested.. please pm me.