Washburn xb120 electronic schematic

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Sean snits, Feb 7, 2022.

1. Sean snits

Sean snits

Feb 7, 2022
    Hey guys.
    I have had this washburn xb120 for a long time and a few years ago the volume potenziometer broke and i was trying to fix it back than but didnt succed.
    Now i want to try and fix it once more but the electronics are all unattached and its really a mess..
    The problem is that i cant find any schematic/picture of how the electronics should be and i would really appreciate if someone could help me find the schematic or somekind of help with that.

Btw i have even reached to washburn and they said that they dont have the old basses schematics.

2. rojo412

rojo412 Sit down, Danny... Supporting Member

Feb 26, 2000
    Cleveland, OH.
    Which version is the bass? Any pics (whole bass, cavity)?

They seem to have made various different versions over the years. The one I had was passive and 2 pickups, which means you can find a number of diagrams that would do the trick easily. If it's active, it may be slightly harder, but we can get you working again.

3. Sean snits

Sean snits

Feb 7, 2022
    Its that one mate, its a active one with a board in the electric cavity.

Attached Files:

4. rojo412

rojo412 Sit down, Danny... Supporting Member

Feb 26, 2000
    Cleveland, OH.
    If you can get some pics of the inside, or at least the electronics in detail (wherever they may be in the process), that would certainly help.

Best case is, you can replace the pot and wire it back the way it was.
    Worst case, assuming they are the same pickups I had, you could get rid of the preamp and go passive.