1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

washburn xb120

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bigmcgiv, Apr 1, 2005.

1. bigmcgiv

bigmcgiv

Mar 29, 2005
    WILKES-BARRE PA
    i looking at a washburn xb120 , i use to have a washburn years ago and i enjoyed it . i also has a kramer . well it 10 years later and i would like to start playing again and i hear some good things about this model . can anyone here give me any opinions on this model. tks matt :bassist:

2. purfektstranger

purfektstranger

Apr 10, 2003
    Canada
    I owned a Washburn XB 120 for about eight months. It is one of the least expensive Washburn basses in their lineup. That said, I found the bass construction was solid and the neck felt comfortable to me and was very easy to move around on. The bass also came with a lifetime guarantee from Washburn.

In all honesty I sold the bass because I didn't like the sound of the soapbar pickups. It was kind of growly but too trebly at the same time. I could never get a thumpy bottom end. Rather than spend the money to get new pickups, I sold it and bought a used Fender Jazz. I would definitely try the bass yourself and form your own opinion. In addition to the XB 120 you might also consider Fender, Ibanez and Yamaha models. For a few dollars more than the Washburn, you end up with many more basses to choose from. Let us know how you make out.