washburn xb120

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bigmcgiv, Apr 1, 2005.

1. bigmcgiv

Mar 29, 2005
    i looking at a washburn xb120 , i use to have a washburn years ago and i enjoyed it . i also has a kramer . well it 10 years later and i would like to start playing again and i hear some good things about this model . can anyone here give me any opinions on this model. tks matt :bassist:
  2. purfektstranger

Apr 10, 2003
    I owned a Washburn XB 120 for about eight months. It is one of the least expensive Washburn basses in their lineup. That said, I found the bass construction was solid and the neck felt comfortable to me and was very easy to move around on. The bass also came with a lifetime guarantee from Washburn.

In all honesty I sold the bass because I didn't like the sound of the soapbar pickups. It was kind of growly but too trebly at the same time. I could never get a thumpy bottom end. Rather than spend the money to get new pickups, I sold it and bought a used Fender Jazz. I would definitely try the bass yourself and form your own opinion. In addition to the XB 120 you might also consider Fender, Ibanez and Yamaha models. For a few dollars more than the Washburn, you end up with many more basses to choose from. Let us know how you make out.