Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Washburn XB925

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Mynameisburns20, Sep 17, 2005.

1. Mynameisburns20

Mynameisburns20

Sep 17, 2005
    whats up everyone? This is my first post here. Recently i noticed the Washburn XB925 bass, they look great. I was hoping other people with this bass could post some pics.
    This will definatley be the next bass I purchase. I'd like to see the African zebra and bubinga.

2. Monomer

Monomer

Jul 22, 2005
    I have an XB-200 (bought used)

love it. Just put new pickups in it, the stock ones were horrid.

slimmmmm neck.

3. KeithPas

KeithPas

May 16, 2000
    Poulsbo,Wa
    I used to own a zebrawood topped XB925. It was an excellent playing and sounding bass but ultimately it was not the tone I prefer so I flipped it. It was very light and had the Bartolini pickups and preamp,which sounded good. Sorry no pics.

4. Mynameisburns20

Mynameisburns20

Sep 17, 2005
    I've been thinking about getting this bass. I want a guitar that will be good for slap funk and also for metal playing.

5. eosdallas

eosdallas

Jan 9, 2006
    Riverside, CA
    ive been interested in this bass for quite some time, but i can never find anyone who has palyed or owned this bass. im looking at the zebrawood top. i talked to a guy who deals with the custom shop. is this a good guita for 1200 dollars new?

6. Honestly, for that kinda skrill, I could find other tastes I'd be more floored by. Mainly because I'm a Warwick, Ibanez, and Sepctor -phile. But hey, whatever floats your boat man, if you play this bass, and it just screams "Buy me!" to you, then it's up to you to make the decision as to if it's a good price or not. If I were you, I'd play around on other basses in that price range. Hell, for a few more hundred, you got yourself a Thumb Bolt-On, and that's one amazing bass.

-ryan-

7. eosdallas

eosdallas

Jan 9, 2006
    Riverside, CA

i was thinking warwick, and ive palyed quite a few (not sure what models exactly, just a few 5 and 6 stringers) and i didnt care for them that much. they have a nice tone. the ones ive palyed had bartolini's in them, but the XB925 has bartolini's in the guitar. i also like the shape better than the warwicks. i want something more traditional, and not too crazy. (i know never buy a guitar on how it looks, but its a personal thing) all my guitars are a super strat shape, and i like them, they are well balanced, and are comfortable to play. the several warwicks i played (outside of GC) were kinda neck heavy. but if i find a warwick or something more sutable, ill check it out.

8. KeithPas

KeithPas

May 16, 2000
    Poulsbo,Wa
    If buying new is important to you then deathbloomslife put it very well in his post but if you are not adverse to buying used you can get one of these for about 60% of the new price you were quoted.

9. eosdallas

eosdallas

Jan 9, 2006
    Riverside, CA
    i would perfer to buy used, but the problem is, i cant find any anywhere. ill keep my eyes open for one. but i would like to own a new guitar one of these days, all my gear has been used.

10. covermego

covermego Ooohhh, Yeahhhhh , This Cures All My Remedies ... Supporting Member

Sep 5, 2010
    Redding, CA
    I have an XB925 with the zebrawood top that I am considering selling. Don't know if you still visit this site, but I figured I'd give it a go. Built at the Washburn - Chicago Custom Shop. I am the second owner, bought from a good friend up here in Northern CA. Very very nice bass, but I'm thinking of going old school and reverting waay back to a 4 string Precision Bass. Figured I'd throw that out there. Just signed up to the forum today. Does anyone have interest?

Attached Files: