Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

washburn

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by FunkyHobo, Jan 21, 2006.

1. FunkyHobo

FunkyHobo

Dec 19, 2005
    Exeter, UK
    hey, i just got a new washburn xb 500
    i was wondering what you guys think of them on here

2. I think Washburn makes great bass guitars for the price range they are in. Some of them could benefit from a brand new electronics package, ie. the Taurus and Force4/5. Great quality, great playability and overall feel for me, and good bang for the buck.

-ryan-

3. AxtoOx

AxtoOx

Nov 12, 2005
    Duncan, Okla.
    I haven't heard anyone bash the basses. The customer service is infamous around here. The same co. that owns them owns Eden, and that's a touchy point w/ some Eden folks. I've only delt w/ them once and they didn't impress me any.

4. Eden hasn't impressed me either. No way in hell I'm paying close to $400 for a 12" combo that hisses more than a cat when you're shaking a stick at it.

-ryan-

5. AxtoOx

AxtoOx

Nov 12, 2005
    Duncan, Okla.
    I don't know what brought that on. I was talking about US Music.
    I've spent a bit more that $400 w/ Eden, and it's not my first or second amp. I have nothing but praise for it.

6. That's what brought upon my off-topic Eden remark.

-ryan-

7. AxtoOx

AxtoOx

Nov 12, 2005
    Duncan, Okla.
    Doesn't make sense to me, I was explaining why I had delt w/ them but fine.

8. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    :D :D

9. AxtoOx

AxtoOx

Nov 12, 2005
    Duncan, Okla.
  10. xb100

xb100

Mar 24, 2004
    NH, In
    I've got a washburn xb-100, it's been my main bass for the last 3 years. It's got a simple p-style pick up, but I can get some really groovin tones out of her.

-Rob

11. AxtoOx

AxtoOx

Nov 12, 2005
    Duncan, Okla.
    Nice to be back on topic, I'm sorry I ever mentioned the customer service thing, My apologies!!

12. BassChuck

BassChuck

Nov 15, 2005
    Cincinnati
    I have a Wasburn T-24 as a back-up bass. It's a good buy for the money. Looks good and plays well enough. The neck is a little wide for my tastes (4001 is my main bass and the Washburn neck is a tad wider than a P-bass.. I think).

Anyway, a good buy for the bucks. I'd play it full time with no regrets if I didn't have the Rick.