1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

washburn

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by FunkyHobo, Jan 21, 2006.

1. FunkyHobo

FunkyHobo

Dec 19, 2005
    Exeter, UK
    hey, i just got a new washburn xb 500
    i was wondering what you guys think of them on here

2. I think Washburn makes great bass guitars for the price range they are in. Some of them could benefit from a brand new electronics package, ie. the Taurus and Force4/5. Great quality, great playability and overall feel for me, and good bang for the buck.

-ryan-

3. AxtoOx

AxtoOx

Nov 12, 2005
    Duncan, Okla.
    I haven't heard anyone bash the basses. The customer service is infamous around here. The same co. that owns them owns Eden, and that's a touchy point w/ some Eden folks. I've only delt w/ them once and they didn't impress me any.

4. Eden hasn't impressed me either. No way in hell I'm paying close to $400 for a 12" combo that hisses more than a cat when you're shaking a stick at it.

-ryan-

5. AxtoOx

AxtoOx

Nov 12, 2005
    Duncan, Okla.
    I don't know what brought that on. I was talking about US Music.
    I've spent a bit more that $400 w/ Eden, and it's not my first or second amp. I have nothing but praise for it.

6. That's what brought upon my off-topic Eden remark.

-ryan-

7. AxtoOx

AxtoOx

Nov 12, 2005
    Duncan, Okla.
    Doesn't make sense to me, I was explaining why I had delt w/ them but fine.

8. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta (Grant Park!)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    :D :D

9. AxtoOx

AxtoOx

Nov 12, 2005
    Duncan, Okla.
  10. xb100

xb100

Mar 24, 2004
    NH, In
    I've got a washburn xb-100, it's been my main bass for the last 3 years. It's got a simple p-style pick up, but I can get some really groovin tones out of her.

-Rob

11. AxtoOx

AxtoOx

Nov 12, 2005
    Duncan, Okla.
    Nice to be back on topic, I'm sorry I ever mentioned the customer service thing, My apologies!!

12. BassChuck

BassChuck

Nov 15, 2005
    Cincinnati
    I have a Wasburn T-24 as a back-up bass. It's a good buy for the money. Looks good and plays well enough. The neck is a little wide for my tastes (4001 is my main bass and the Washburn neck is a tad wider than a P-bass.. I think).

Anyway, a good buy for the bucks. I'd play it full time with no regrets if I didn't have the Rick.