1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Washington State acid attack was faked?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Relic, Sep 16, 2010.

1. Relic

Relic Cow are you?

Sep 12, 2006
    Robbinsville, NJ
    Well surprise, surprise surprise...

Anyone here been following this? Just another example of why you cannot assume anything when reading such stories in the news. I was talking to people recently who were claiming that it was a racial/bias attack and so on. They were so sure... now look. D'oh! Regardless of racial make-up/religious affiliation/shoe size, never assume anything folks :)

http://www.columbian.com/news/2010/sep/16/vancouver-police-say-acid-attack-hoax-source-says/

2. Crazy.

Mike

3. Demon_Hunter

Demon_Hunter

Jun 8, 2008
    What would be the point of throwing acid on herself? Is there more to this story we aren't hearing?

freaky.

4. Deluge Of Sound

Deluge Of Sound Inactive

Nov 8, 2007
    Maine/Vermont
    Faked acid never helped anyone.

5. Relic

Relic Cow are you?

Sep 12, 2006
    Robbinsville, NJ
    attention? sympathy? she got lots of both

6. Demon_Hunter

Demon_Hunter

Jun 8, 2008
    true....but throwing acid in your own face? :rollno:

7. BartmanPDX

BartmanPDX Supporting Member

Heard a lot about this when it first happened because it's local but I hadn't heard this update.

Who in the hell throws acid in their own face?

8. I was just going to post about this, semi-local to me. I remember how bad i felt for the lady when this first happend. Now she better move because honestly if I saw someone that pulled this walking down the street i would speak my mind in a vulgar way , she preyed on peoples emotions and wasted thousands and thousands of dollars.

I watched the breaking bews report at 4pm today on portlands station.

9. elgecko

elgecko

Apr 30, 2007
    Anasleim, CA
    She got confused, she heard acid trips were fun!

:ninja:

10. hbarcat

hbarcat Supporting Member

Aug 24, 2006
    Rochelle, Illinois
    I expect to see plenty more of this kind of behavior since it's only becoming more and more fashionable to be some kind of victim. Some people have mental disabilities or physical disabilities, some have been discriminated against because of their ethnicity, gender preference, age, appearance or some other arbitrary difference. And since so many people can turn these disadvantages into power, money or just plain sympathy, it makes sense to cultivate one or more of these differences.

And if you don't have one, or if you're a loony-tunes (like this woman) and can't figure out how to contrive a relatively harmless one, just make yourself into one by throwing acid in your own face and tell everyone that you're the victim of a hate crime.

11. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    I was once given fake acid. Okay, twice.

12. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta (Grant Park!)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Yeah, now that the rat's outta the bag, the media has moved on, but when this broke they had the fictional "black woman" sketch all over the place. I guess blaming mysterious black people don't have the shelf life it once had. :rolleyes: As for one never being able to pass up a brown nosing moment, Oprah had planned a show around her. I wish this had stayed under wraps until after the show.

13. Relic

Relic Cow are you?

Sep 12, 2006
    Robbinsville, NJ
    Well, my point is that it works both ways - look at the Duke lacrosse case - it seems like everyone had the white students absolutely pegged as rapists, turns out, they were not. Oopsie...
    Now this case - every one seemed to be so sure that some random black woman launched a brutal attack on some poor defenseless white woman...:rolleyes:
    All's I'm saying is that this is yet another example of where you can't always automatically believe everything you read. Way too many people (including myself sometimes) find themselves so willing to jump to conclusions.

14. brickerenator

brickerenator

May 12, 2010
    Maryland
    Cue the "I was sexually molested as a six year old"

15. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta (Grant Park!)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    And in the Duke case, the media went overboard to make sure everyone knew that they didn't do it, and rightfully so. They should have. This case reminds me of the dumb ass that carved a "B" in her face, and blamed black Obama supporters. After she got found out, that story went away as well.

16. Deluge Of Sound

Deluge Of Sound Inactive

Nov 8, 2007
    Maine/Vermont
    Sucks, don't it?:(

17. Sounds like you got burned.

Chuckle, snort, and an extra special bonus, just because you're special ... guffaw!!

18. MatticusMania

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    Or like that girl in Europe (so broad, sorry, but I forget the actual country) that said she fell asleep while getting stars tatted on her face?

19. MatticusMania

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    Yup, but it did make getting acid thrown in my face much more tolerable.

20. Deluge Of Sound

Deluge Of Sound Inactive

Nov 8, 2007
    Maine/Vermont
    Anyone here seen Murder Party?

There's a great scene regarding throwing acid on someone in it.

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 9, 2021