1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

wasting our recording cash...

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Reverend G-Money, Oct 30, 2005.

1. so....we spent 2 extra days in the studio because our singer thinks he is a producer....... uhh, yeah....

anyway here's hoow bad it was... he thought that duct tape on a drum head was what the drummer was "aiming for". he had no idea about dampening. oh yes.... there's a lot more... :eyebrow:

2. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    singers shouldn't be allowed to touch instruments. Drummers should listen to drummers and producers, that's all.

What else did he do ?

3. where should i start.... he wanted to do levels AND mixing before all the instruments had even been recorded!!!!

him: "the drums are too loud"
    engineer: "the bass needs the drums to record"
    him: "well, we can fix that right????"
    engineer: :eyebrow:

4. You need to confront HIM!, soon! It's a monetary issue, now! Don't waste your time venting to us; tell him what the issues are before you're ALL broke and on the street!

5. well, everything is in his name, so that's an issue... he's a good dude, really, but he doesn't know squat.... here's another....

him: "we need to do that drum take again"
    engineer: "but we have 10 takes already"
    him: "yeah, but he's gotta nail it"

we are recording with protools so.... you can finish that one... :D

ha, he was so toasted when we played Truckee 2 weeks ago we get this from him in the morning "Sorry for only playing 5 songs last night, but $800 for 5 tunes is alright, yeah???? (act real excited here)"

our response: "dude we played for 3 1/2 hours.. where were you????"

i love the guy, we are a party/raging (travelling circus....) type of band so i kinda expect it...