Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Watch out Seymour and Bill

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Gallient Knight, Dec 2, 2002.

1. I just fixed a Pick up. This may be old hat for some of you, but its my first and I wanted to celebrate. Fender strat pickup, and one of the leads broke where the wrap wire connects to the terminal. I was getting ready to have to get a new one when I decided to give the repair a shot. I unwraped one round of wrap and re soldered it, and IT WORKED!!!!

So far this month I have fixed this pick up. A cracked scarf joint on a bass neck. and completely re-wired an old strat. At this rate I may need to turn this into a small business. There are alot of good techs in the area, but I am keeping busy just with my friends gear.

And while I don't think Bill Bartolini and Seymour Duncan have much to worry about just yet. Who knows what the future might look like.

2. notduane

notduane

Nov 24, 2000

MRS Gallient Knight -- Hide your sewing machine! :eek: He'll be rewinding soon

:D