Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Watch those repairs....

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by txpitdog, Jan 15, 2006.

1. txpitdog

txpitdog

Jan 1, 2006
    Volume pot went out on my bass. Took it in, they had to order the part, had to wait two weeks. Went to get it yesterday, and the part they installed did not have the push/pull of the original. Shop claimed they gave the model and serial # when they ordered the part from the factory. They're gonna call again tomorrow and see what's up. I love having my bass back, but I've lost half the sounds without the pre-amp bypass available.

It's a good shop, but make sure you test those repair jobs before walking out.

2. Son of Magni

Son of Magni

May 10, 2005
    NH
    Builder: ThorBass
    IMO, I don't believe it would be possible to replace that control with one without the pull-passive function without noticing that there was something wrong. There would have to be wires that had no place to connect. "It's a good shop"???

3. Edwcdc

Edwcdc I call shotgun!

Jul 21, 2003
    Columbia MD USA
    Wow! That is not even close to being right. The two different pots don't look the same. It should have been very clear to them that they had the wrong part.

4. A9X

A9X

Dec 27, 2003
    Sinny, Oztraya
    Nope, they're idiots.
    The two parts will look different, and there will be spare wiring. I'd never go back there.