Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Watched The Ring last night...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Roark Haver, Apr 16, 2003.

1. My wife and I watched The Ring last night during a raging thunder storm. Whoa, what a good movie, especially the end. Watching during a thunder storm just adds to the overall creep-out factor.

If you didn't see it at the theater, rent the DVD and watch it at night, with all the lights in your house out. You'll never trust your TV again (not that you should anyway).

2. I saw that movie with my girlfriend 3 weeks ago and it was a good movie. We got wicked freaked out because someone called my house phone right after the movie ended. We let the answering machine get that one.

3. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    If you liked it, check out the original, Ringu.

4. There was a little blurb on Ringu on the DVD. It looked super-creepy!

5. Johnny BoomBoom

Johnny BoomBoom Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2001
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Ah the movie was alright.....had a few 'jump' moments, but I don't think it was really that good!

We saw it at the cinema....the popcorn was good!

6. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    The movie was freaky yes...but the antagonist(samara was her name right?) was lame.

sure she was creepy, but she had no purpose.

7. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    Good film.

I saw it at the theater with my father and sister. Before we went to the theater my sister and I were trying to decide which film to see. We asked my father, "What about 'The Ring'"? He said sure, thinking we said "Lord of the Rings!"

Boy was he surprised.

8. I think I would agree. I wonder if the original, Japanese version fleshes out (no pun intended) her character more.

9. Honest to God, I was a little freaked out on the seventh day after seeing that movie. And I avoided TV's like the plague for a week after.

10. Erlendur Már

Erlendur Már

May 24, 2000
    I saw it in Norway.:) I was a bit drunk, but I loved it!!

11. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    i saw it in the movies....i liked it...plan to buy the dvd....didn't get around to it yet...

bp13

12. Phat Ham

Phat Ham

Feb 13, 2000
    DC
    I saw the original Ring when it came out in Japan. It freaked the crap out of me. I haven't seen the American version so can't compare the two. Ring2 also freaked the crap out of me and from what I hear Ring0 would too. I wonder if they plan on bringing Ring2 or Ring0 to America.

13. wost movie i have ever saw,
    i saw it in the theatre twice, and twice at home, just way too many plot holes and it gets pretty corny in the last half hour. dont even get me started on ringu, it has been on black market for a loonnnng time, the ones in the video stores are edited so much and redone so much, that there isnt any story line to it at all, they find their information about everything out of blue, and in no way is it scary. anyway, dont bother seeing any of these movies if you are a movie buff or into scary movies, it just wont do anything for you. but if you ever find an old copy of ringu (the real version) i would LOVE to see it, and so would anybody that is into stuff like that

14. bill h

bill h

Aug 31, 2002
    small town MN
    If I don't like a movie I walk out the 1st time. not watch it four times?:meh:

15. i NEVER walk out on a movie, or a book i stat reading, its just not right in my oppinion, if i pay for something i get full use of it as well, i watched it once with a freind of mine in the theatre, half the theatre walked out crying because it was too intense so of COARSE i needed to take my girlfriend to it:D just for the hell of it, then i downloaded it and burned it to dvd one time because it was the fastest movie i could download, then my parents rented it the other night. so yeah, 4 times