Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

watchin jimi hendrix live at woodstock

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Platypus_Of_420, Jan 2, 2006.

1. amazing, anyone else seen this before? he's alot better than i used to think

2. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    Music related = Miscellaneous.

3. Woodstock was nowhere near his best but Hendrix smoked man....friggin destroyed with that guitar.

4. yeah hes amazing, my friend has a concert of him somewhere, i dont know what concert it was but i'm looking extremely hard for it. i cant even find anything besides woodstock. but it was frikin amazing, he sounded so much better live than in studio i almost wanted to cream my pants

5. Well thats kinda disgusting, but check out the Band of Gypsys Live album. The Best Live Jimi I've heard.

6. ikareru

ikareru

Jan 8, 2002
    Ferndale, MI
  7. d8g3jdh

d8g3jdh Guest

Aug 9, 2005
    the DVD of him playing berkley is incredible, but then again all his work was. the man was a visionary

8. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    yea,

the audience never erupts into a rock 'n roll type of frenzy, rather they seem to clap like they were attending a symphony or any opera.

and yea, hendrix @ woodstock is IMHO one of the most pivotal events in music. guitar used for something other than phallic symbol, done by the guy who practically invented that motif? p-shaw...