Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Watching the bass player on DVDs

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by spliffnriff, Aug 17, 2005.

1. So I buy "The Kids Are Alright" DVD. There I am kinda board with the video, so I go to the extra stuff and see a couple of songs where in one, the camera is only on The Ox and so is the sound, and on the other, you can choose which camera you want to see - each focused on a musician. :)
    :hyper: B R I L L I A N T ! ! ! !! :hyper:
    What an amazing thing to have. What do we have to do to get this kind of entertainment in all the concert DVDs we own, or want. I would love to see more videos of The Ox, or Adam Clayton or Jacco or just about any other great bass players in great bands and be able to just see the bass player! Why does this not happen more often??? It's not like they do not record the stuff anyway. OK so for the older groups, I know the film has already been destroyed, but there must me tonnes of video out there just waiting to use the cool features of DVD players!
    If anyone knows of a way to get the record companies to do this, please let me know. I am sure not only bass players would be interested in this stuff..

OK, bye. :(

2. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Get your hands on the King Crimson DVD "Deja VROOM". It's got terrible menus, but you can do the same kind of thing on a couple of the songs.