Watching the crowd dance......

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Petebass, Feb 11, 2003.

1. Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    Ever notice that at every gig, there's always at least 5 people who dance the whole night completely out of time to the music? It's like they've each found their own little rhythm in there somewhere.
  2. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    since I don't gig, I'll just relate with performances I've seen or been a part the bela fleck show I went to not long ago, there were about 12 people just kind of flopping, no rhythmn no time no nothing, just flops.
    then at the Wooten show I went to, the crowd was all nodding their heads with the beat, and/or tapping their feet....and there is this one guy who live in Ojai, who I see at almost all the performances I'm a part of(or my school is a part of) and he just wiggles, its sort of intime with the music, but its really hard to stop laughing because he's pretty old...its just weird.
  3. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

Whenever I play a show, it feels like one of those scenes from a movie: very slow motion, like those parade shots with slow moving streamers, confetti, and the people drifting by.

The music/band I'm in is usually on, but the onstage it's dreamy. I dig it!
  4. Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    Addenum........... I went out last night. The first time I've been out as a punter for ages. I just realised while dancing, I don't know what to do with my hands without a bass to cling onto.
  5. I dont dance, and i wont dance either. My gf is into the clubbing dance music scene.... me NOWAY. I am too tall and lanky to even attempt walking out there.....

6. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    I'm doing a bar band thang for my uncle and the dancers always crack me up. It's like they are trying to be sexy... and it's the greatest thing. Both Male and Female try to do a seductive dance and end up making me sick/confused/laugh my ass off. Good stuff.
  7. DirtDog

Jun 7, 2002
    The Deep North
    Yeah, they're called the "drunks".

One of the places where we gig has three guys that are regulars that consistently dance with each other while the band is playing and there's no one else up dancing...keep in mind that this is a live blues club and these guys look, act and dress like lumberjacks. After a few shots of whisky and a few beers, they are up and gyrating but with no intent to pick up the ladies.

What is really creepy is that thier "leader" is always focused on our guitar player.

Creeps me out, really....