Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Watchtower/Spastic Ink

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Acacia, Jul 31, 2000.

1. Acacia

Acacia

Apr 26, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Anyone remember technical prog-metal Giants Watchtower?

Their guitarist now has a project called Spastic Ink. If you would like some superb musicianship, check out the clips http://www.spasticink.com/

I think most would be impressed (except for those bass-gods that think they are the best [​IMG])

[This message has been edited by Acacia (edited July 31, 2000).]

2. <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Acacia:
    Anyone remember technical prog-metal Giants Watchtower?

Their guitarist now has a project called Spastic Ink. If you would like some superb musicianship, check out the clips http://www.spasticink.com/
    I think most would be impressed (except for those bass-gods tha think they are the best [​IMG])
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey Sean, thanks for the link, I'll check it out. I dug that one Watchtower CD, "Control and Resistance." Doug Keyser was a sick bass player (still is, I'd imagine.) I remember their guitarist, Ron Jarzombek, saying his practice routine was mostly playing along with the music on Saturday morning cartoons!

3. Acacia

Acacia

Apr 26, 2000
    Austin, TX
    the 1st SI CD is very cartoonish. If you are able to find the 1st Watchtower, Energetic Disassembly, buy it. Personally I thought it blew away C&R. Jason McMaster (Dangerous Toys) sang on it, really.

4. Doug

Doug

Apr 5, 2000
    Buffalo, N.Y.
    Thanx Sean,
    I'll have to add that one to my wish list. Hey, what can you tell me about Labyrinth? I heard one of their songs yesterday and it didn't sound to bad. How's the rest of their stuff?

5. Acacia

Acacia

Apr 26, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Doug! Labyrinth is killer Italian power/progressive stuff. Super tight neoclassical influenced metal. I would recommend everything by them EXCEPT the Timeless Crimes EP. I am kinda weary about their new one, I hope they don't get all whimpy.

Here's what they have (in order of preference):

LABYRINTH No Limits +2 bonus tracks, remastered/ inventive-original Italian progressive power metal featuring Rhapsody-Athena singer Fabio

LABYRINTH Return To Heaven Denied/Simply
    awesome Euro power speed metal from Metal Blade. For S.O.Steel, Angra, Rhapsody, Athena, G.Ray fans/Highly recommended! 1 of the top 3 of 1998/

LABYRINTH Timeless Crime EP/includes Sanctuary cover song/

I took the descriptions from www.sentinelsteel.com (another retailer like myself, but with an unGodly selection).

6. Doug

Doug

Apr 5, 2000
    Buffalo, N.Y.
    Thanx, yet another to add to my wish list.

7. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Does anybody know what Doug Keyser is doing right now...?

BTW: Have you heard Sean Malone's [Death, Cynic]'Gordian Knot project? Starring Trey Gunn, Sean Reinert, Ron Jarzombek!!!, Glenn Snelwar and John Myung...

[Edited by JMX on 09-12-2000 at 06:52 PM]