Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Water, have you tried it?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Trevorus, Feb 20, 2003.

1. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    Has anyone tried FIJI water? I though it was ok, until I tried my city water, and it tasted like a swimming pool because of the chlorine. I really like Fiji water now, but it's $2 a liter!!!! Anyone else tried this stuff???:confused:

2. yoshi

yoshi

Jul 12, 2002
    England, London
    No sorry, I dont approve of paying for water upon an initial bill :p

3. i like fiji water, but i don't drink it that much... I have 2 self filtering pichures

4. odie

odie Supporting Member

Another thing, dont waste your time with water purifiers etc. If you dont like chlorine fill a pitcher and let it sit over night in the fridge. It will ice cold and the chlorine in the water will evaporate.

5. Nick Gann

Nick Gann Talkbass' Tubist in Residence

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    What about lead and other impurities?

And that gross taste that is tap water ;)

6. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    my tap water tastes great.

no way would i pay $2 for a square bottle of water.

7. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    I really like Fiji water. To me it is definitely the best tasting bottled water. It's not very common though in any of the places I have lived in Texas. I wouldn't pay for it regularly anyway because while it tastes good other water tastes good too for less money..filtered or otherwise.

brad cook

8. water? is that new?

9. No water has been around for a little bit but it is the square water that is new.

10. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Square water or water for squares?

brad cook

11. pshhh, i ain't no square. i'm a REBEL!

12. hahaha! when i first saw this i was like "man, he never said that! and i know, 'cause i've seen all three die hard movies!!!"
    then i realized it was bruce lee :p

13. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    Well, down south, if you fill a bath tub, you can't see the bottom. purified water is a must. I drink nothing but clean, clear water. no coke or any thing else in 2 years!

14. odie

odie Supporting Member

A little $5 filteror even $20 filter isnt going to touch lead. Those filters use carbon which "slime" over in a few days. Carbon will only pull out chemicals, not impurities or heavy metals.(not the Slip Knot kind)

15. gatorade tastes better.
    and it quenches your thirst better, too.

16. odie

odie Supporting Member

Why do I hear the lines from the Waterboy!!??? Good ole H2O

17. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    gatorade....H2O.....GAAAtorade.....H20!.......GAAAAAATORADE......H20!!!.......the water sucks, it really really sucks!!

Well, anyways, our water comes from underground lakes and without the chlorine, it would most likey taste as good. But the minerals that are in it make it taste different. I don't know, it's good.

18. I think they should make a prismatic water bottle.

Or one in a pyramid.

I'd pay two bucks for that.

Cuz, after all, it's the bottle that matters.

19. Zon Bass

Zon Bass

Jan 20, 2002
    Dallas, TX
    I got a water purifier a few years ago, and have never looked back. Tap just tastes so nasty.

20. I have one of those Pur filter things on the spout in my kitchen sink. It may look like the spout is growing a tumor, but the water comes out nice and clean.