Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Water on a speaker cone?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Grahams Groove, Apr 18, 2002.

1. Hey,
    I was walking over to put a glass of water on my amp, and my foot caught on the carpet, and my glass tipped and some water got on 2 of the speaker cones on my 4x10...(not a ton, but one mark is about the size of my thumb, and the other around the size of a quarter or somehting...) Now I haveta practioce in like 15 or 20 minutes...is it gonna be cool or what should I do? As long as nothhing will get hurt, I'm a happy man...I'm thinking it's fine cuz it IS just water, but i just wanted to make sure...
    Let me know...
    Peace
    Graham

2. A small amount of water won't hurt... but be thankful that most speakers these days are high-tech blends of cellulose (paper) and any of the following: kevlar, carbon fiber and glass fiber. Many speakers are coated too... almost like varnished. Still water is not good for any paper product... too much water, a little agitation (sound vibration?), and you could end up with cellulose soup!

Just be a little more careful in the future... :p