1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Waterslide Decals

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by manicmicky, Oct 17, 2010.

1. manicmicky

manicmicky

Oct 16, 2010
    Im due to recieve my new squier precision as im getting back into bass playing after many years away and will be changing the rosewood neck for an all maple one,im also doing a matching headstock (metallic red).
    Is there any programmes out there that will allow me to faithfully recreate the original squier decal as i dont fancy paying for one as i already have the decal paper,it has to be a squier decal as i dont really want to put a fender decal on it.

2. SDB Guitars

SDB Guitars Commercial User

Jul 2, 2007
    Coeur d'Alene, ID
    Shawn Ball - Owner, SDB Guitars
    Photoshop can do it. But if you're replacing the neck with something that's not stock, why not make up a cool name, and make a custom decal for it? That way you're not infringing on anyone's trademark, and at the same time you're personalizing your instrument even further.

If your decal is just black, Photoshop or basically any photo program would work. If you need the metallic component, there are tutorials all over the net that teach you how to use a paint pen on the decal to add the gold or silver portion.

Alternately there's a guy in eBay who for very little money will make you a custom decal with the metallic portion.