wats a good 4x10?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by ilovefruitpie, Feb 7, 2005.

1. ilovefruitpie

Apr 23, 2004
    hey guys i plan on getting an ampeg b-2r head and im trying to decide on a 4x10 cab to get with it. i want to spend like up to 500 bucks but up to like 550 but imt rying to stay below that. please give me some suggestions. i play pop-punk and punk rock. some alternative. thanks :bassist:
  2. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    See the Avatar megathread. Any one of them . . .
  3. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    I'd do Low Down Sound in that price range, although as mentioned, Avatar and Dr. Bass are also probably good choices.
  4. TheKalle

Feb 8, 2005
    Milan, Italy
    For that price you could also check a GK 410 RBX, you can find it around for 499

Italians do it better.
  5. andruca

Mar 31, 2004
    Madrid (Spain)
    I think the 410PRO should work OK. I didn't try one but with 4x10" Eminence Kappa Pro 10s it has to be killer!

6. I don't know if I'm going to get jumped on for this, but if you want to get a cab that isn't going to leave you peniless don't rule out a peavey 410tvx. The resale isn't astounding, but that's the best cab for the buck I've ever had. It had great tone, was plenty loud for my band and was a real workhorse like all peavey stuff ,and although I did just get rid of it to get a 610, I loved that cabinet. The only problem with it was the weight, as is the problem with all peavey stuff, but it's not a shabby cab at all, if you're looking to take it easy on your wallet.
  7. I can vouch for that, i love my peavey 410tvx, i think ive blown the tweeter, but that was my fault!!!

They sound good and are built like tanks
  8. try ebay..they have some good stuff on there. im sellin an ampeg 410hlf, but i think thats a little out of your range. avatar makes some crazy cabs.
  9. you should think about that ampeg head a little more, it is extremly under powerd and is whimpy as hell. i recomend you getting a gallien-krueger setup. maybe the gk 700rb-II head and the gallien-krueger sbx 4x10!!
  10. i second that motion...i had one of those heads, got rid of it within a month.