Watt Appearances @ NAMM and "Maxim" mag

Discussion in 'Ask Mike Watt [Archived]' started by mattzink, Dec 13, 2002.

1. mattzink

Jun 21, 2002
    Bloomington, IN
    hey watt
    read about you playing with manring and those other dudes coming up on jan. 17. what do you know about them? have you ever met them? do you listen to them? will you really have any interaction with them, or are you really just sharing the same venue? just curious - i recognize their names from bass player magazines; i know yours from being a pissed off teen at one time. thanks and look forward to your album come spring time.
    ps. interesting blurb they had about you in the last issue of "maxim" magazine (the "my worst day" section) your descriptions gave me pain in my groin for a week - vivid, man.
  2. mattzink

Jun 21, 2002
    Bloomington, IN
    didn't mean to imply in my last post that i stopped listening to the minutemen/firehose/dos when i stopped being a teen - all that stuff is still incredible
  3. watt

watt TalkBass Pro Supporting Member

it'll be my first time meeting any of those cats - we'll be sharing the same stage, each guy getting twenty minutes. I'm gonna do some two-bass stuff w/kira, we've had a band for seventeen years called dos. she was in black flag. we're both pretty honored to be asked to play w/these folks.

that article was a trip especially the tale of the guy surviving that shooting. my illness was bad and pretty hairy but damn, that cat really got thumped. thank god he made it. me too.

on bass, watt