1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

wattage at 2.67 ohm

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by sean p, Mar 7, 2008.

1. sean p

sean p

Mar 7, 2002
    eugene, oregon
    hi, guys. thanks for all the great info around here. did a couple of searches looking for this answer, but didn't find what i was looking for. sorry to those who hate to see questions re-asked.

i want to run my eden wt330 at 2.67ohm (4ohm + 8ohm) and am concerned about the power handling of the 4ohm cab. that cab is rated 250watts. as many of you know, the eden makes 330 watts at 4 ohms and 420 watts at 2 ohms. am i correct in figuring that the eden will put out about 375 watts (somewhere in the middle of the 4- and 2-ohm wattage) at 2.67 ohms?

and to follow that, if i'm splitting that power between these two loads, that the 4ohm speaker gets twice the power of the 8ohm, so it breaks down something like 250 watts to the 4ohm and 125 watts to the 8ohm.

does that sound healthy for my 250 watt rated 4ohm cab?

thanks a bunch!

sean p

2. A 4 ohm cab rated at 250 watts receiving a max of about 250 watts.

Whats the problem ? :p

3. peterbright

peterbright

Jan 23, 2007
    On The Bayou
    360 watts - 240 to the 4 Ohm & 120 to the 8 Ohm

4. sean p

sean p

Mar 7, 2002
    eugene, oregon
    cool. so the wattage is a little less than i thought, but i was right that it still sends a safe amount of power to the 4ohm cab. thanks, peterbright!

sean p

5. bassman639

bassman639

Dec 23, 2006
    northeast ,pa
    good to go!!