Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Wattage for Epifani T-212

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by neptune, Mar 10, 2001.

1. neptune

neptune

Feb 2, 2001
    Maryland
    Any Epifani users out there? I'm wondering how many watts you're pushing through your cab. I've heard of some folks bridging megawatts into 'em. It seems to me this would result in some damage to the speaker. Any experiences?

2. coyoteboy

coyoteboy easy there, Ned Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2000
    Sactomato, CA
    I'm putting a 400 watt Aguilar DB 728 into my 2x12 and its great. I wouldn't think twice about putting 1000 watts solid state into it, under normal condiditons.

3. I've never used 12s. Only 10s and 15s. How would you compare a 2x12 with a single 15. Is the sound as deep? Can you move as much air? Would a good 2x12 be any lighter than a good 1x15 cab? Just curious. I'm thinking about some changes to my cabinets, and I'm gathering info.

4. Hi coyoteboy, Epifani cabs are imported in my country for a week and in the next days I want to test the 2x12.
    Can you tell me more about it?
    I could be also interested in the 1x15 as stand alone cab. Thanks.

5. neptune

neptune

Feb 2, 2001
    Maryland
    I personally like the sound of 2x12's. Depending on the quality and speaker's frequency response, some have more bottom than some 15's I've heard. To me they have more definition than 15's, and work for fingerstyle and slap (some folks may disagree), though they might not throw the sound as far as some 15's do. As a rule, they are definitely not a lighter option than a 1x15 cab. I'll leave it to the more educated folks on the forum to chime in regarding your question about how much air they move. I would try both options with your setup before you make a decision.