Watts it to ya!?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by 4String_Ninja, Aug 22, 2000.

1. 4String_Ninja

Aug 14, 2000

Sorry about the angery looking title but i needed an attention grabber. I now have a Genz Benz 610XB which handles 750 watts and now i need an amp that will power it efficiently. Genz Benz recommended one of their 500 watt amps(OF COURSE) but I dont trust the Genz Benz amps yet. I was looking at the GK 800RB and the 1001RB amps, but leaning more toward the 1001 because of its power and i could use speakon cable. But I could use some advice about how much power i will actually need to power this cab properly, and what amp would be the way to go (keep in mind it doesnt have to be a GK but in a reasonable price range.).

ANY ADVICE IS APPRECIATED (except fashion tips and real-estate trends)
  2. omarbass

Aug 14, 2000
    im not sure what your budget is cause you didnt mention it, but SWR has an awesome 750watt professional head that kicks major butt! my SWR brain kicks ass everwhere I take it, and i wouldn't trade it for any other brain, except a bigger SWR. :) You should look into SWR, they're very nice.
  3. Max

Max Supporting Member

Feb 14, 2000
    Bakersfield, CA
    I have a Genz Benz head, smaller than what you are looking at. I am happy with it. It is built like a tank. I accidentally kicked a pot and broke it and GB promptly sent me a new one for free. The only thing I don't like is the fan noise.
  4. If you're asking me what's POSSIBLE... That Genz Benz cab could probably handle a 1500 watts amp. Usually a speaker cab can handle twice, sometimes four times, sometimes 10 times its RMS power. Because bass guitar signals have very high peaks, you COULD use that maximum power. And if you do, you need an amp that has an RMS rating equal to the max. rating of the speakers.

My 2 cents (and no SenSe)