Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Watt's new bass!

Discussion in 'Ask Mike Watt [Archived]' started by dhuffguitars, Jun 4, 2002.

1. dhuffguitars

dhuffguitars Luthier/Bass Wanker depending on your opinion

Sep 18, 2001
    SPOKANE WA
    I will have this finished for watt, and be giving it to him on June 8th over in Seattle.

Check it out over at http:www.dhuffguitars.com

2. dhuffguitars

dhuffguitars Luthier/Bass Wanker depending on your opinion

Sep 18, 2001
    SPOKANE WA
    If anyone cares the bass is as done as it is going to be, and you can see some pics over at http://www.dhuffguitars.com

I will have some better pics on my site the first part of next week.

D

3. watt

watt TalkBass Pro Supporting Member

hi,

darrin had some intonation problems to cure and he wanted to bonus up the purple finish to a metal flake so I'm still waiting for it to come to pedro. played it in seattle back in june though and it was righteous.

thank you darrin!

on bass, watt

4. Malcom

Malcom

Oct 21, 2002
    The Midwest
    Is it just me, or does the p/u selector ring say "thud" and "dink"?:)

5. watt

malcom,

it does indeed.

by the way, it's not a pickup selector but rather a pickup "balance blend" control - more "thud" means more of the neck pickup and more "dink" is more of the bridge pickup. you can adjust the blend from all of either pickup to to a 50-50 balance between both of them.

on bass, watt

6. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

What I want to know is;

- Does it haves Dave Alexander's "Seal of Approval" ??? ..........:D

Three Dual Showmans and I'm "home."

[​IMG]

7. watt

hi,

I could only hope but dave died in the middle 70s. may he rest in peace - I loved his bass sound/parts. much respect.

I think he played a mosrite (check the inside of the "fun house" gatefold lp sleeve).

on bass, watt

8. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

That pic is embossed on my memory, Mike, as was the sound of that band in their heyday. You've got it - a white Mosrite dropping bass-bombs under Ashton's Strat roar.

I'll lay dollars to donuts your Huff is a monster, too!!! Cosmetically, I always wished my long-departed EB-3 had the more accentuated horns of your custom.

And your headstock vs. the EB's...well, no contest.

9. watt

hi,

you mean the tele-style headstock on the purple plower? that's cuz I'm always knocking the 'd' and 'g' string tuners on the drummer's cymbals (I have my drummers set up pretty close up to the front of the stage and stand right close to them) and w/the tele headstock, all four tuners are on the "up" side and that helps w/that problem. also, d. boon played a telecaster guitar and I can dig that on a tribute level.

on bass, watt