1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

.WAV to MP3 Converter? Please help..

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by AckAckAttack, Oct 2, 2006.

1. AckAckAttack

AckAckAttack

Aug 27, 2006
    Just looking how to convert a file from .WAV to MP3, but I can't find anywhere that's free and converts the whole song, can anyone send me in the right direction?

2. The best around is EAC and LAME (IMHO/E)

Here is a link to a series of tutorials that even covers downloading and installing the applications

http://users.pandora.be/satcp/tutorials.htm

EAC isn't technically free... it's "Postcard ware" The author simply asks you send him a local interest postcard :)

3. Once installed and configured to convert wav to mp3...

simply click "Tools -> Compress Wav"
    Then just choose the wav files :bassist:

4. AckAckAttack

AckAckAttack

Aug 27, 2006
    thanks for the info... but whats an interest postcard?

5. markjazzbassist

markjazzbassist Supporting Member

Apr 19, 2005
    Lakewood, OH
    iTunes. just import the song into your library and then in preferences choose the conversion to mp3. then under Advanced click convert to mp3. easy and you can choose the quality.

6. he likes to know about / see bits of the world his software gets used at. Just a postcard of something local. I sent him one from Seaside Heights NJ which is the closest "Summer Tourist" spot to me.

7. Rem

Rem

Jul 9, 2006
    you can also download musicmatch jukebox , just google the name, its free as long as you get the limited version, which isnt a big deal because it doesnt limit your number of conversions. If your going to put these songs on myspace though, make sure you set the quality to 112 kbs(?) from 128 or the file will be to large for myspace

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 7, 2021