Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

WAV to Mp3 - I need help! Please

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by lostatrout, May 7, 2003.

1. lostatrout

lostatrout Guest

Nov 20, 2002
    Bethel, Vermont
    I take recordings off of my computer into a WAV file. I can't post wav files to the forums so how do I convert it to an Mp3 file? I downloaded a program that was supposed to convert it for me but it came out sounding like crap. All distorted. Any help would be much appreciated. Thank You!

2. Music Match Jukebox will convert them for you.

3. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
  4. lostatrout

lostatrout Guest

Nov 20, 2002
    Bethel, Vermont
    Thanks for the link... I'll try it out and see how it works. Thanks for the reply!

5. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
  6. wulf

wulf

Apr 11, 2002
    Oxford, UK
    Lame works well for me, not least because it's command line driven and so it's easy to script a whole batch of jobs to be done when I'm away from my computer.

I'm using Win98 at home and I'll just edit a text file called convert.bat. Each line is along the lines of:

lame -h --ta "Artist Name" --tt "Song Title" xxx.wav xxx.mp3

where xxx is the location of the input and output files (they don't have to be the same). Click on the file and it opens up in a DOS window and runs the commands one by one.

Of course, some of the graphical tools might now let you do this with drag and drop methods, but it's a long time since I looked round and this method works well for me, is free and uses minimal system resources.

Wulf