Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Wavelab 4.0 rules

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by pedullaphile, Aug 16, 2002.

1. Man, finally took the plunge and went ahead and bought wavelab last weekend..........it's the **** IMO.

Kinda expensive but hey...................

anybody else use this and have some tips?

2. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    I use it and it's the best audio editor out there.

I don't have any special tips (the manual should help you to get past the basics fast), but the forum on www.cubase.net can be quite helpful.

3. Redhotbassist

Redhotbassist

Oct 19, 2002
    England
    Im actually having trouble with this program, im not very 'know it all' about recording programs, so how do i get more than 2 tracks to merge, the only thing ive figured out is i can record one track and then another and merge one at the bottom and have the other one at the top, so there are two tracks one playing through the left speaker and the other track playing through the right.

How do i record more than 2 tracks and merge them together so i have atleast 4 or 5 layers playing through?

4. Passinwind

Passinwind I Know Nothing Supporting Member

Learn the "montage" function. It takes a while, and generally I prefer other software for this, but it works fine if that's the software you need to use. You can only record 2 tracks at a time in any case, and I've never tried to make it work for overdubbing. The manual and advertising make it clear that they're not promoting Wavelab as a multi-track solution, hopefully you didn't buy it thinking that's what it is?

It is expensive, but well worth the money, in my opinion.

5. Redhotbassist

Redhotbassist

Oct 19, 2002
    England
    In montage mode, how do i mix the tracks down into one audio file? Help please!