Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Wawick Streamer LX5 question

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Funky Tune, Jul 28, 2005.

1. Funky Tune

Funky Tune

Apr 28, 2005
    Puerto Rico
    How they sound,is a good deal a streamer for $1,400 and why they was discontinued?

2. BigMikeW

BigMikeW Banned

May 25, 2005
    Nashville, TN.
    Banned by TB Administration for refusal to account for funds

Hey man -

I love the LX5 wides. They aren't discontinued just not on their pricing and brochures. It is a bass they'll make if you ask. I almost ordered a couple before I switched to Sadowsky.

$1,400 is ok. What year? I'd offer the guy or store $1,100 or $1,200 depending on age and condition.

3. Funky Tune

Funky Tune

Apr 28, 2005
    Puerto Rico
    hey,thanks for a quick response,ok the bass all brand new,still in the box,let me show a pic
    [​IMG]
    as you can see,the bass is mint,with factory tags put in,looks nice

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

as yuo can see,is mint condition,never been played or sold,

4. Aslan

Aslan

Sep 20, 2003
    Stockholm, Sweden
    It looks great!!!
    My Streamer LX5 (1997) is the best bass I have ever owned. Great sound and great playability. I do a lot of studio works and I always get compliments on the tone.
    I don't know so much about the newer ones but mine is fantastic.If you like the tone, Buy it!!!:)

5. Kael

Kael Supporting Member

Dec 26, 2004
    Oklahoma City
    +1 on the wide neck version. My main bass is a Streamer LX6 wide. Sometimes I feel like I'd like the mid control on the Streamer Stage I, but I don't really need it (plus I hate stacked pots which the Stage I pre uses). Oh, and the thing weighs a freaking ton, but so do most warwicks. :)

Mike, I had thought that they were discontinued, but when I went to the wariwck website they still list the LX in their price listing as still available in wideneck only. I wonder if these are just left over stock, or if they are still manufacturing them.

6. Funky Tune

Funky Tune

Apr 28, 2005
    Puerto Rico
    neves test one,and the weight is no problem for me,i like overweight basses

7. BigMikeW

BigMikeW Banned

May 25, 2005
    Nashville, TN.
    Nope. Not old stock. You can order them still. Like I said, just before buying Sadowsky I was going to order a couple. They are basically the Chromes with no chrome and wide neck only.

8. BigMikeW

BigMikeW Banned

May 25, 2005
    Nashville, TN.
    Offer $1,200 for it. They will probably take it. Bring cash. Makes a big statement when they see it.

9. Funky Tune

Funky Tune

Apr 28, 2005
    Puerto Rico
    thank yuo,when i ask for buy now price he say,1,400 or offer,i go to talk with him,thans again,one last question,the B is good in Warwicks?