1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

wax

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by king_truffle, Jun 23, 2002.

1. king_truffle

king_truffle

Apr 4, 2001
    Oshkosh WI
    Hey gang, well, I was on the warwick site and I noticed that in the corner they said that all basses ship with a gig bag, warrenty card, owners manual and wax (as applicable). OK, you all are probably going to think this is a really dumb question, but, whats the wax for??? I've never heard of this and is it something that I should know and use? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks gang.

2. frankencow150

frankencow150 Guest

Oct 17, 2001
    i think the wax is for polishing it,if i had a warwick i would polish it,but i have squier so i dont care what happens to it.dont get me wrong i love my bass,but after awhile i just didnt care if it got banged a little.

3. Any "oil-finished" bass, which means all natural-finished Warwicks, is actually finished with a combination of oil and paste wax. The oil doesn't dry out as long as the wax is reapplied on a regular basis. It's not a perfect sealant and won't protect the wood nearly as well as a well-applied polyester, but doesn't kill tone and feel sticky like most hard finishes, either.

I use the Warwick wax on my FBB. As a matter of fact, once I finish this cup of yogurt, I think I'm gonna wax my baby :eek:

(Boy, that doesn't sound right.)