Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

wax

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by king_truffle, Jun 23, 2002.

1. king_truffle

king_truffle

Apr 4, 2001
    Oshkosh WI
    Hey gang, well, I was on the warwick site and I noticed that in the corner they said that all basses ship with a gig bag, warrenty card, owners manual and wax (as applicable). OK, you all are probably going to think this is a really dumb question, but, whats the wax for??? I've never heard of this and is it something that I should know and use? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks gang.

2. frankencow150

frankencow150 Guest

Oct 17, 2001
    i think the wax is for polishing it,if i had a warwick i would polish it,but i have squier so i dont care what happens to it.dont get me wrong i love my bass,but after awhile i just didnt care if it got banged a little.

3. Any "oil-finished" bass, which means all natural-finished Warwicks, is actually finished with a combination of oil and paste wax. The oil doesn't dry out as long as the wax is reapplied on a regular basis. It's not a perfect sealant and won't protect the wood nearly as well as a well-applied polyester, but doesn't kill tone and feel sticky like most hard finishes, either.

I use the Warwick wax on my FBB. As a matter of fact, once I finish this cup of yogurt, I think I'm gonna wax my baby :eek:

(Boy, that doesn't sound right.)