Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Waxing my bass?

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Maurice ElDarko, Jun 17, 2001.

1. I have a question

If you have a natural oil finished guitar is it neccessary to wax the body/oil the neck every so often????

2. eric atkinson

eric atkinson "Is our children learning "Is our teachers teachin

Feb 4, 2001
    Joplin,Missouri
    Id ask the maker but id say yes! I have a warwick corvette pro-line in oil and i was it about once every 2 weeks! You can get warwick wax from musicians friend! Its about the best!

3. ZuluFunk

ZuluFunk

Apr 14, 2001
    Pennsylvania
    I usually clean the dust and gunk off of it with a very little bit of citrus based oil soap. Then I wax with the Warwick wax. About every month, except when the humidity goes up, I may do it more or after a sweaty gig.

The idea is that the wax protects the wood from moisture changes thak can cause cracking as it expands and contracts. If that's something you don't mind, then don't bother waxing it.

I use a cotton ball with a bit of rubbing alcohol to clean the crap off the finger board usually whenever I change strings.

4. grooveguru

grooveguru

Sep 14, 2000
    Central PA
    "Waxing my bass" uhm.......