1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Way Huge Aqua Puss/Analog Delay?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by stambroker, May 24, 2012.

1. stambroker

stambroker

Aug 12, 2011
    NoVA
    Hey all,

I'm on the hunt for an analog delay pedal. The Way Huge Aqua Puss seems perfect for me, are there many players here that have had good results? Are there many alternative that work well with bass? Going for a more subtle effect than an over the top one.

Thanks!

2. falconspatriots

falconspatriots Oh Word

May 3, 2011
    connecticut
    The aqua puss is awesome!! But if you want bang for your buck I'd wait for the Supa-Puss. They've added wow and flutter controls, the ability to change repeats from quarter notes to eighth notes, dotted eighth notes to sixteenth notes, and tap tempo.

All of this puts the Supa-Puss WAYYY ahead of the aqua-puss in my book :bassist:

3. stambroker

stambroker

Aug 12, 2011
    NoVA
    Whoa, didn't even know this was coming! Do you know how much it'd go for, and when it's due to be out? The ability to change repeats is pretty awesome, I don't think I've seen much of that.

4. Knettgummi

Knettgummi

Sep 28, 2011
    Changing the note value of the repeats isn't very common on analog delays, since most of them don't have tap tempo (only those with a digital control interface). Personally I wouldn't bother getting a delay without tap tempo, but I guess that's a matter of taste and how you want to use it.

5. falconspatriots

falconspatriots Oh Word

May 3, 2011
    connecticut
    Back in Febuary I heard by the end of this month. No signs yet... there are a couple of clips of it floating around.

6. I have the Aquapuss and think it's awesome. The blend is nice to set how strong or subtle you want the effect and together with a phaser it gets you a really nice watery effect.

The delay time is a little bit short if you want clearly defined and repeated phrases though.

7. Eric!

Eric! Commercial User

Jan 22, 2009
    America's High-Five
    Mojo Hand FX
    isn't the AquaPuss a DM-2 knock-off?