Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Way Off-Topic

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by ChuckBassChick, Jan 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChuckBassChick

ChuckBassChick Guest

Jan 1, 2005
    so cal
    I know this is totally off topic (that's why I put it in "Off Topic") ;) , but i just really want some oppinions on this! Thanks.
    Well, I've been talking to one of my old "friends" on AIM lately. I met this guy, Scott when I moved to Nevada, we were really close, almost boyfriend and girlfriend but he never really asked me out. But then after 2 years of living in Nevada, I moved down here to Cali and haven't talked to him since.
    Now, right before I left for Cali, he was a total ass. He just ignored me and didn't talk to me and that ****. And I was only about 12 then so I got so frickin' emmotional over it. I think I handled it stupid but he treated me like **** there in the end.
    So now I'm talking to him and he told me that that whole time I knew him, those whole 2 years, he was smoking weed, drinking alcohol, having sex. I guess he had sex like 10 times. And he's 14 now. That made me feel pretty awkward. But he told me that he liked me a lot when I lived there, and of course I told him the same. But he's really changed since we last talked. He's mature now, and he says a bunch of sweet stuff. But I'm just not sure about it ya know, the alcohol and drugs and ****. Cause I don't do that crap. I guess he quit the weed stuff about 2 months ago, but he still drinks and smokes. Which, I can't stand the smell of smoke, so he said that he wouldn't smoke the whole time that he's with me. I don't really have a problem with drinking, cause I know that I'm going to drink when I'm older, but I'm only 13 now, and I'll try it when I'm 17 or something. lmfao. And his family and my family were really great friends when we lived in Nevada, and they might be coming down here for the summer and visiting or we're coming up there and visiting them in the Spring or something. But he has a sweet side too, I mean, he talks about marriage and kids and It's surprising what he actually wants in life. And he's teaching me about skateboards and stuff. He skateboards and I'm gonna learn. But I have to get one first .
    I dunno. I just want to know what you guys think of this situation. He said that when he turns 16, he's going on a road trip to meet Bam Magera. Which I love Bam. And he knows that. And I dunno if he was just saying that to make me happy or what. But he said that he wants to marry me and have sex every day. lmfao. Because I have a promise ring, which means I made a promise to not have sex till I'm married.
    alright, so basically I just want your guys' oppinions. Do you think we could actually make something work 500 miles away from each other. Cuz once I graduate high school, I'm moving back to Nevada and going to live with my brother. But I don't know, I think I'm just getting wrapped up in this. I think I'm starting to like him a gain, and I think I just need to calm down and just be friends with him. I'm not sure. What do you guys' think?
    Thanks so much for reading this stuff! heh.

2. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I tihnk kids having sex when they are 13 is creepy.

3. grow up...

No.

4. +1

Your 13! Your views are going to change. You also can't go saying your gonna start drinking when your 17 or something or period, because you DON'T know that. Just be friends with him, it's all you really can do and see how it plays out from there. Nothing is really gonna even happen between you two till you move back anyways and by then hell, he could have a girlfriend and you could have a boyfriend and you'd just be friends.

Your 13, go enjoy being a kid and don't worry about that kind of stuff right now.

5. fatbassjazzer

fatbassjazzer

Feb 27, 2004
    ATL
    I'm gonna have to say no go on the whole situation. You guys are in 7th grade or something like that. He doesn't seem like a good guy. He is 14, there is no way in hell he will go on a road trip and meet Bam Margera. Long distance relationships will not work if your 13. This is one weird thread. You will look back on this in 2 years and think how stupid it all sounds. 12 year olds doing all that stuff is messed up.

6. Don't_Fret

Don't_Fret Justin Schornstein

Dec 10, 2003
    East Coast, US
    :scowl:

He's 14! :scowl: +1

Funny how these two things fell right next to each other.

Seems like this kid says a lot of stuff.

You're 14! How about just being a kid?

I think you need to stop worrying about this stuff. There will be plenty of time for pointless drama down the road. If you read your own post over the answer will be obvious to you.

Edit: +1 to all the posts before me. It just took so darn long to write this.

7. Well, if he's truly changed from his past, I'd say go for it. People are dynamic. They can repent from their old ways -- you should give him another chance.

8. i wouldn't be hanging around someone who smokes, drinks, does drugs, and has sex and is only 14. that's really stupid..... and gross. if he keeps stuff like drinking up, think where he'll be in the future.....

9. ChuckBassChick

ChuckBassChick Guest

Jan 1, 2005
    so cal
    ugh. I do sound like a drama queen right now, huh? That's sick. I'm sorry. You guys are totally right. I don't need to worry about this crap right now. heh. I'm sorry if my post was really "unorganized" lmfao. Thanks for slapping me in the face. I think I needed it.

10. haujobb

haujobb

Dec 16, 2004
    Wallaceburg
    Wow, both of you guys need a reality check, your 13, likely your entering highschool next year. Your about to make some big changes, some good some bad, so don't get yourself tied down because at this point its not worth it.

Also don't be trying to grow up so fast, your just gonna make things harder on yourself. I'll tell you something, I'm turning 18 soon, finishing highschool, going into college, moving out of parents house, getting into serious relationships. It's not what it's cracked up to be, i'm constantly stressed and have spent many nights awake thinking about my future. Just got out of a serious relationship, so I'm putting up with that, seeing another girl whos best friend is all jealous. Honestly your young, so just get out there date some guys, dont give yourself up this young, have fun, learn things, try things, just try to be smart about it.

11. Head Creep

Head Creep

Nov 6, 2004
    Los Angeles
    First off, this guy you're talking about is nothing but trouble. Anybody can say sweet things and sound nice. He told you who he is, which is someone with next to no morals who's out to have a good time no matter what the cost is. Plus, Bam Magera's claim to fame is being on a reality show. On MTV. Something tells me not many people are gonna care about him when that road trip is supposed to happen.

And you're only 13 years old. 13, for gods sake! And you're talking about getting into a long-distance relationship? Be a kid, listen to crappy one-hit-wonder bands, date guys your age that live less than 500 miles away from you, break their hearts (and inevitably get your heart broken), but most of all, have fun. You're only a kid once. Now go funnel your money into the corporate media so everyone older than you can talk crap about the music you and your peers are keeping alive.

Edit: Rereading this makes me feel older than I really am. Is that a bad thing?

12. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    go ahead and get married...have sex every day...heck, you might like it.

-Mike

13. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    And while youre at it, get pregnant , become a teenage mother and ruin your life! its a trip.

14. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    yes, but do it in a state with a good welfare program.

-Mike

15. Jarrod

Jarrod

Jan 1, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    this is a bizarre and creepy thread

forget that loser and internet relationships in general

16. karrot-x

karrot-x Banned

Feb 21, 2004
    Omicron Persei 8
    This thread made me laugh.

I can see where you're coming from, I felt the same way when I was that age.

Here's my best advise, I'm only 17 but I've slowly come to realise the truth to this. **** happends, do whatever you want, you might regret it later but as long as you thought about if you truley want to do it before hand, it'll work out.

With this thought I'm probably going to regret doing some things when I'm 25 and then realise how dumb of a modo this was....oh well

WOOHOOO teenage years!

EDIT: one more thing, the fact that this guy is telling you he is having sex, smoking and drinking at age 11 and 12 is one of two things:
    1. He's lying off his ass, trying to act tough to impress you...guys are idiots.
    2. He's actually done this in which case that's really ****ing creepy. I never did that until the rightful age of well....uh....I won't say that but ya....very very creepy.

I hope it's the first one, I hope that all he's had is a few sips of alcohol from his older brother, smoked 1 cigarette and thought it sucked, and the closest he's come to sex is having his man part touched by someone of the opposite sex. This way he's not as creepy just a really fast 12 year old ;0

17. Eyescream

Eyescream

Feb 4, 2004
    Knoxville, TN
    + infinity

18. Sonorous

Sonorous

Oct 1, 2003
    Denton, TX
    So my friend A, he used to drink and smoke and do drugs in 7th grade. So did his friend C. (This is all before I met either of them.) They were pretty much best friends.

Now A is much cleaner, doesn't smoke, maybe a joint once every like year or so, drinks every few months.

C however has dropped out at age 17 and is living in an apartment by himself in the projects and doesn't have electricity and is stoned 24/7.

But anyway... shut up already. You're 13, you have no idea where life is taking you. Your friend is going to go on a road trip to meet Bam when he turns 16? If he still likes Bam by the time he turns 16, I'll be incredibly surprised.

19. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    bizzarre and creepy - n/s
    my oldest daughter is 12 and this thread makes me :eek:

but then, we've all been 12

big red flag on the ethanol and dope at his age. I think Dr Drew has a website that covers quite a bit of this stuff. Despite being on "the sex show" or whatever the heck it's called, his background is in addiction. A good read for any age.

Now, if y'all don't mind. I'm going to lock my daughters in the basement and kill every male within a 10 mile radius.

cheers.

20. Nikehawk

Nikehawk Guest

Jul 29, 2001
    Yorkville, IL, USA
    Hey Mike Money,

Didn't you post something in another thread about how you almost get banned but then something completely more ridiculous comes along that diverts attention away from you?

Well, I haven't checked your posts yet today, but I'm sure this is one of those instances - and let me assure you, I see through your games, and I will make sure I remember what you said before this random poster tried to save you!!!

Don't fall for Mike Money's games!

:D :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.