Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Way to go Dodgers!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by adam on bass, Dec 16, 2004.

1. adam on bass

adam on bass Supporting Member

Feb 4, 2002
    New Braunfels, Texas
    Endorsing Artist: Spector, GK, EMG and D'Addario
    Once again, they seem to waiting till the last minute to sign people and it's going to bite them in the arse. They let Adrian Beltre get away today. How do you let the one guy that was the only good spot your team last year on offense?

2. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA

Money talks bro.....for once the Mariners decided to spend some.

-Mike

3. adam on bass

Feb 4, 2002
    New Braunfels, Texas
    Scott Boras is going to make fortune this off season.

4. The Red Sox lost Pedro Martinez to the NY Mets. On the other hand, we signed David Wells a couple days ago.

Yankees fans: Which number should we give Wells? ;)

5. adam on bass

Feb 4, 2002
    New Braunfels, Texas
    I don't know about number but how about 3XL!

6. Well, you see, Red Sox pitchers don't need to be able to run, since no one can hit off of them anyways... ;)

7. They would if Pedro were still in your rotation. As it stands you've got Schilling, Wakefield, Wells, and pray for rain two days out of five.

:D

8. canopener

canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    Hey, at least the Pirates picked up the young, up and coming, Benito Santiago...

9. Don't forget Arroyo who is probably going to be a starter this year...as well as Embree.

10. Dude

Dude Commercial User

Mar 19, 2000
    AZ
    Owner: The Dude Pit Forum (closed) Producer: School of Bass
    Yeah, well I feel for ya but as a D-Back's fan it's a dark day over here in Phoenix with Randy Johnson going to the Yankees.

:meh:

11. McHack

McHack

Jul 29, 2003
    Central Ohio!
    Check THIS out,,, the Dodgers are involved in a 3-way deal which will send RANDY JOHNSON, to the YANKEEs....

Baseball has no soul... My youth has been ripped from my very memory.

12. If so, then Shawn Green is headed to Arizona, right? But hey, on the upside, you guys just got Jeff Kent, a hell of a second baseman and the leading RBI hitter last season for the Astros.

I'm hoping Carlos Beltran and Roger Clemens will stick around here in H-Town. Roger probably will since he signed arbitration (meaning if he does play again, it will be for the Astros). Carlos is a long-shot :(

13. this one's easy.......

(how much alcohol is in his system during the game)

14. adam on bass

Feb 4, 2002
    New Braunfels, Texas
    Shawn Green, and Adrian Beltre oddly enough accounted for more than half of the run production for LA after the LoDuca Mota horrible trade. I think they are pulling a "Major League" and trying to make them as bad as possible so McCourt can move the team. It is a huge possibility. One guy (Kent) hitting 100+ RBI's isn't going to cut it.

15. Bisch 2323

Bisch 2323

Dec 17, 2004
    Los Angeles
    :help: :scowl: :confused: :eyebrow: :bawl:

I'm trading in my Dodger cap for something - ANYTHING - else.

What McCourt and De Podesta have done to that organization is tragic. They're turning them into the Brewers - a nice little club that kinda floats along and doesn't have the money to put together a competitive team.

Mike

16. Oh, I wasn't forgetting Arroyo and Embree.

Like I said, pray for rain.

As a Yankee fan I am somewhat ambivalent about the deal that is supposed to bring Randy Johnson to the Bronx. Just another example of the Yankees selling off the future to safeguard the present. If the farm system cupboard wasn't bare before, it surely is now.

But it will be most interesting to see Johnson go head-to-head with Schilling, that is when Schiling can finally stand on that ankle again. (Talk about selling off the future.)

17. adam on bass

Feb 4, 2002
    New Braunfels, Texas
    I've been a Dodgers fan since I was born. I lived about 10 minutes from the park and I used to ride my bike to the park in the late 70's early 80's and watch batting practice with the REAL team, Garvey, Cey, Russell and Lopes and it was a blast. I have a broken bat from Garvey at batting practice in 79 and I will never forget that moment it as long as I live. Those were the days of baseball, when they(the owners and players) cared.