1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Way to go Fender

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Kramsey, Aug 4, 2008.

1. Kramsey

Kramsey

Feb 9, 2008
    Denton, TX
    Is it just me or does it seem like Fender has really got theyre act together and has put out some nice stuff this year. I mean, all of the American basses that ive played in guitar shops and stuff just seem really solid and play and sound great. And they've brought over the olympic white and sunburst finishes for both the jaguar and Marcus Miller Jazz from Japan. It just seems to me like they're doing exceptionally well this year. Kudos Fender.

2. Dogbertday

Dogbertday Commercial User

Jul 10, 2007
    SE Wisconsin
    Blaine Music LLC
    Is it me or did this thread happen already today???

BTW I agree about the new fenders and even the squire line has improved ten fold

3. Theyr great, I love my Jazz 5

4. 250GBsOfAwesome

250GBsOfAwesome

Jul 11, 2008
    Don't forget about that 70s Jazz they released.

5. BillytheBassist

BillytheBassist

Aug 18, 2005
    Texas
    I was really impressed with all of the 08's i played, they all sounded great with top notch fit finish. The 08 deluxe jazz 5 i just picked up is an amazing instrument, build quality fit finish, especially the fret work just cannot be beat. I expected a great instrument but i got an amazing instrument..... definately two thumbs way up from me.

6. superfunk47

superfunk47

Sep 9, 2007
    Just got my 08 J 4 string today, candy cola and maple...mmm mmm. It is AMAZING. the neck feels like I've been playing it all my life, and the sound, oh my GOD the sound...pure euphoria :)

7. + 1,000!!

The newer stuff is really hitting a homer. However, I have a 2004 American Deluxe QMT (4 banger) that I will stack up against pretty much ANY bass on the market in it's price range...

Fender has FINALLY realized that there are more bass builders out there than there were 30 years ago.....took 'em 30 years, but what the heck...they finally got it!

8. hey

hey

Jul 8, 2006
    Wisconsin
    Squiers are being produced much better than before (they were pretty bad a couple years back). A couple of 08 MIA basses I played the other day were top notch products. I'm glad they got their act together unlike Gibson.

9. I agree,

though I cant help feeling that this thread is a serious case of deja vu

10. Bongolation

Bongolation

Nov 9, 2001
    California
    No Bogus Endorsements
    I'm pretty disappointed with the poor wood quality in my new AS J's neck and overall centerline alignment could be some better. I also don't like the new bridge.

Other than that (which is plenty), the QC is OK. Finish is pretty. Frets OK if a little rough. I don't know what to think about the hipshot machines, as I've read three conflicting descriptions of the metals used. I don't really have much faith in plated aluminum, which in my experience has longevity issues about like goldtone, but some reviews say they're steel and brass. We'll see.

Personally, I like the American series better, but there were none to be had when I was shopping.

11. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 17, 2021